Sign in to follow this  
gr8simba

Reset Forgotten Windows Passwords

Use of password requires that you remember it. But there are solutions if you do not remember them.

Password is needed, and on most services where they are in use, there are solutions if you forget both your username and password.

User password:

If we are talking about a user password, you can log on as Administrator, open the Control Panel and go into the management of users and groups, and reset the password for that user account. It's very simple.

Bios password:

If someone has put a password in the BIOS, the machine will not start to load Widows until the password is entered. But there are several ways to reset this so that you get access to the machine.

There are a number of "backdoors" in the form of general password for the different PC manufacturers.You can find a list

http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.html

Another solution is to remove the battery if it sits in a holder, it is simple, if it is soldered, it is a little worse. All information stored in CMOS loses its content when it's not energized.

Admin password:

To create an administrator user you use as the default login and then forget the password is almost unforgivable. But it can happen.

The solution was to reinstall and start a new life, but there is a hack that can fix the problem. You do not have 100% guarantee.

The solution is to download a program - of course on another PC - which you put on a boot disk or memory plug and start up the locked machine.

The program will scan the disk and find the password, and give you the option to edit or delete it. It is recommended to delete the password and then eventually create a new in Windows when you get into the machine.

Program and detailed instructions can be found on this website

http://pogostick.net/%7Epnh/ntpasswd/

• Like 2

this is a good post but im sorry to say this pal... this method is good only for passwords tht are small and have only alphabets. if there are numbers and characters it will take very long time to find the pass... by tht time we may have even changed the PC :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the BIOS information. I didn't know about a lot of that. I've found though that unplugging the CMOS battery usually works. I used it twice.

i never heard of the program u posted. I think Ophcrack or PC Login Now are the best for admin password recovery.

• Like 1