Sign in to follow this  
^D^

Fan Speed

Recently my SMPS fan has started to run pretty slow n the SMPS box is heating up a lot due to this... Wat i do is put in a screw driver from the hole on the back of the cabinet n then the fan starts spinning at a good speed... Bt this lasts only for a few minutes n the fan goes back to its slow speed..

I tried using a software called SpeedFan... bt none of my fans show up on it ( i have one in the SMPS, one on the processor n another on the side of the cabinet) ... it only shows me my pc temp n they r really high( i use my pc for almost 20 hours a day)...

So cud u please give me some suggestion on how to speed up the fans?

• I know why first take a vacum cleaner and fix it to blower mode and blow all the dirt inside your smps remove all the dirt from inside im pretty sure there will be loads if it fixes the problem then ur good to go and software's really dont help boost the hardware externally maybe the performance but not the problem itself.
  • second this might be a bit disappointing when u spin it manually using a pen it shows the smps is either losing its life or it is of cheap quality mate i had the same issue my pc and ultimately i had to replace with a new

I already cleaned it..

My SMPS is of quality... but i had changed the fan once coz the old one stopped working....

If you've already replaced the fan once, you'd better check the connection. A loose connection can cause the fan to burn out prematurly. Also make sure you have adequate power available from your power supply. OEM power supplies are notorious for being undersized.

try this software... u will know the cpu temperature (if u have a heat sensor in your cpu) and it can control fan speed...

http://almico.com/speedfan446.exe

im really sry as i didnt notice it properly mate... if you are using tht software and still its not finding ur fan then it means tht fan is just connected at random to some point in smps and not at the control hub because of which its speed cannot vary as per the requirement of the CPU... u just have to call a technician and ask him to connect it to the fan control cable or hub present in the CPU(if yours is a intel motherboard thn port number is 98001) ... also if ur CPU is placed at a congested place try to keep it in an open space...

ok i guess i have no choice but to change my SMPS... i started openin the cabinet side whenever i use the pc... hope it keeps my pc from turning to ashes till i get a new fan or a complete new SMPS...