shorty85

Questions about my camera

Hello everyone! :) For those of you who are pretty familiar with cameras, I'd like to learn more about my camera I got for my birthday last year. My brother got me a Nikon Coolpix 14.0 Megapixels camera. I had a Olympus or Olympia or something like that kind of big and bulky and wanted to switch to something smaller in size and lighter to carry around with me. Plus it was getting time for me to update my camera since I had that for a good 9 years or so. :)

So my question is what settings do you feel is the best for taking pictures? I'm always having to retake pictures because I didn't get a good one the first time, or my picture ends up blurry because I'm a little shaky. But I was told with this camera that it was supposed to be able to prevent some shakiness. I'm not real shaky, just when I have to hold my camera up almost about the top of my head is when I'm shaky and keep in my lol I'm only 3'5" tall so that's a good stretch for me... HA!

Anyways, any information on this would be highly appreciated!!! :)

Thanks, and looking forward to learning. :)

PS: I hope I put this in the right section.

No suggestions or anything?

I'm going to Gettysburg, PA for the battle field and stuff and wanted to get some good pictures so any ideas would be appreciated. :)

get a tripod or pole to hold the camera

Most new cameras should be fast enough, shutter speed wise to get rid of blur...but you need to practice this...since its digital its will be free to test

• Like 1

get a tripod or pole to hold the camera

Most new cameras should be fast enough, shutter speed wise to get rid of blur...but you need to practice this...since its digital its will be free to test

tripod

then learn to -------->not <------jerk the camera when pressing the button

my wife couldn,t take a pic without it turning out fuzzy or blurie.

then i got to watching what she was doing and she was used to useing the old style cameras so i set the camera up on a tripod and had her take a bunch of pic,s with it. she learned that it didn,t take much pressure to take a pic.

with a little time she has got quiet good [not that i would ever let her know] :lol: :lol: :lol:

but like trader said tripod or pole (great tips trader )

hope this helped

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I do have a tripod. So maybe I'll take that with me. My husband also has a cane, lol so I'll steal that from him if he takes that and set my camera up on top of it. Ha...

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. :)

nice tut jack...myself I use use a Nikon SLR, with AR lens, on both my 35 mm and 300 zoom lens.

The AR lens helps reduce vibration, but still, I carry a tripod and even have one of those gorilla type pods things that you can wrap around most anything, when the tripod does not work..

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate you helping me out with that. I'm taking a look at the link you gave me jack.sparrow. :)

Also many people make the mistake of pulling their camera away too fast after they clicked to snap a picture.

very true one thing i do is say*in my mind of course* is got it takes about a 10/0 of a second enough time for most dig cameras

A tripod or monopod are the first options, but reading the camera manual is still high on the priority list. To reduce blured imaged you would want to set the camera on a shutter priority mode, not Aperature, or even Full Automatic mode. The faster the shutter speed, the less blur you will have. If the camera is able to set the ISO, setting this higher will also help reduce the bluring as the shutter speed can be incread even more.

Depressing the shutter button at the end of an exhail, as others have suggested can also have beneficial results.

Also: Check out this article.

http://nyfalls.com/article-photographing-3.html

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.