Sign in to follow this  
F3AR

Help About Kaspersky and Windows Security Essentials

Hello guys.I am here to seek a very small help.I need to know about Kaspersky Internet Security [i am using it currently] and Windows Security Essentials.I am now using both of them.As i know a very little about Windows Security Essentials so i don't know that it can be used with kaspersky or not.If i cannot use both of them so which will be the best to use.I want the suggestions of the tech masters.

Thank you

if u use both of them, it consumes a hell lot of memory... But both of them are equally powerful when it comes to doing its job... I would suggest mse over kis because its free, uses relatively less memory and u get constant updates... So go for mse...

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestion and thanks again for the quick response.Its true that KIS consumes a lot of memory.

• Like 2

I run AVG & MalwareBits. They play nicely together & low on resources & what 1 doesn't get the other does or @ least that's how it seems 2 me. I like Kas but it does use a lot of resources & I found its detection rate not 2 be as good as AVG. I know nothing about WinSecurity sorry so I cant help U there.

• Like 3

Its ok dirtylow i got much help from vigneshnallamad.He suggested me to use WSE instead of KIS.I agreed with him after seethis that KIS is consuming nearly 10x memory than WSE.so i unistalled that KIS and now using SWE.I heard a lot about AVG.I am looking forward to use that in future.So how does AVG works for you,i mean whats your feedback about AVG @dirtylow

• Like 3

Love it I have been using it 4 7 years now & though I test others 2 try 2 replace AVG but I stay with them. Its the best 4 IMO. & I always recommend it.

I will say that they R getting Ad happy now they want me 2 buy/activate everything they have. Some of it I just don't install because I know what I want & what I don't. But that is one of the things I like about it is that I can customize it down to the core app/program.

1074147775.png

• Like 2

Then ist coool to use.Ok ill download and install it now and see how it really works with me.Thanks for the detailed information

• Like 2

as vigneshnallamad said Windows Security Essentials consume lots of memory that's true and i am adding one point its doing nothing.Kis is the best as i am using it for last 3 years.

Hey try Webroot Secureanywhere complete.

its just 800kb and is about 25 times faster than kaspersky and mostly blocks all the infections.

i also have used kaspersky but i think this is the best.

@cyberwarez33: I know that KIS is the best but the thing is that it consumes a lot of memory and so it sometimes slow down your PC.You can see that in the Task Manager > Process > see that how much memory it is consuming.You may get shocked after seeing that.On the other hand Microsoft Security Essential consumes 10x less memory than KIS.So i shifted to Microsoft Security Essential.I am now downloading AVG Internet security lets see how good it really works.As dirtylow said he is having a blast with AVG

• Like 1

So now i am using AVG and Microsoft Security Essential both.Is it necessary to keep them both or should i remove MSE.

• Like 1

F3AR,

when it comes to antivirus programs, it usually is not a good idea to have 2 on same computer. It will cause havoc on your system. Out of the 2 that you have, one is just as good as the other. both are great free av programs.

I would suggest to also get malwarebytes as it is free also and compliments all av programs.

I don't remember if AVG has a firewall built in but if not then I would also suggest getting zonealarm firewall. It is free also.

• Like 1

Yeah the internet security does have fireWall. & I use MalwareBits too. Like I said B4 they playNice together. But I dont know anything about the Win Security. I will say that if is real-time running in the background U probably don't want it running with any other AV because they will fight for resources.

I think once I was running 2 AVs together & one killed the other Avast & something else no fun, maybe it was NOD :(

AVG foot print is small & as long as U have a decent amount of ran U will barely notice it.

My PC has been up for 6 days & right now this is AVGs consumption.

323ea369c6.png

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you for your kind information.I am feeling very special here.All of you guys are very helpful.I got my solution.Now i am using Malwarebytes and AVG together

• Like 2