Sign in to follow this  
dirtylow

Kill Explorer

Okay so I keep a close eye on the background processes that run on my machine & have noticed that in Win7 explorer doesn't close its self & sometimes especially after days of being on my PC will have several explorer processes running in the backGround. :angry:

I would normally just ruthlessly kill them but after trying it once ok maybe twice it made the machine force a shut down. I think it was .NetFrameWork that was unhappy forcing the shutDown. So I have been just tolerating it till tonight I setOut 4 a solution & found 1 :dance1:

I was surprised first how quick I found it & that it worked because I didn't save my work B4 doing this so I would have been SOL if it didn't work.

AnyWay on with the Solution.

1. First call up UR preferred taskManager
  2. Tap the Window button on the keyBoard. Or Click on the Windows orb which ever U prefer.
  3. Now push/holdDown "Shift+Ctrl" & rightClick on the start menu in some blank area.

• A subMenu comes up.
  • Notice in the subMenu that it says "Exit Explorer" :smartass: in the last item.
  • Click it.

image50.png

Now kill all of the backGround explorers that U know shouldn't B running. Or kill-em All :trollface:

image51.png

[i was only looking @ the 1s I knew shouldn't be running didnt look to see if any others were running but it would have just been 1 that always runs & sits lower on the hierarchy].

Ok; so now U have killed the exploers U dont want running. How do U get it running again? Easy.

image52.png

While the taskManager is still running or if U closed it "Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring backUp Task Manager" click on "File" then click on "NewTask" type explorer in2 the run command hit enter. BOoMBaby!

The start menu will re-appear, but you might notice a few tray icons will be missing until you log off and back on. (or restart those applications)

UR allSet. :D:big_boss:

B4

a47d27a5a8.png

No need 4 an after shot there is only going 2 b 1 "explorer" running when done. & I started it once I killed all of the others that were running.

:P

• Like 4