_simon_

Hide Links

Hey

I do not know if this has already been mentioned or if you already have a valid reason why this feature has not been implemented.

# I notice that on this forum we have 'members' who have joined the forum weeks, months and even years ago (2009) and made only 1 post. 'A Introduction' and 0 contributing posts. These types of members are still regarded as 'Active' because they are visiting the forum but not contributing to it.

# Its not difficult to work out that what they are most likley doing is using the forum to get what they want 'Leeching' with out contributing and been a forum asset.

# The other thought is that these 'Non-Contributers' are steeling links to post on other related forums.

# I personally feel that contributing members, the ones who are valued are not actually been noticed or thanked enough for the work in which they put in. I look around the forum 'Download' Sections and there are hundereds / thousends of un-anwsered topics. Not even a thank you to the origional topic poster for their work.

# Wouldn't it make sence to install the Hide Tag / Thank You system so that 'members' have to reply to a topic before they can view the link. contributers are thanked for there work and 'members' are in a way posting on the forum and it may make them contribute thurther. Also if a member continuasly replyes to lots of topics in one section very quickly its obvious that they are steeling links so action can be taken.

• Like 1

I post content from here there and everywhere, because I like to help people with their requests, and I dont class it as stealing but rather sharing, in reality though everything posted anywhere is stolen from somewhere.

Clicking a thank you button or whatever will not make any difference to the eventual outcome, just like some places that have captcha's you will find people will persevere and do whats needed to be done.

Leechers what forum does not have them, if we cant put up with them we may as well just close the door, besides I reckon at least 2 out of every 10 leeches become bonafide members and contribute something to the forum, not a great ratio but better than nothing.

Whats the purpose of forums I think it is to share things with others whether anyone says thank you or not or even contribute themselves is immaterial, there will always be a steady flow of those that do.

• Like 4

I post content from here there and everywhere, because I like to help people with their requests, and I dont class it as stealing but rather sharing, in reality though everything posted anywhere is stolen from somewhere.

It is stealing as the origional poster does not get credit for the post. Why spend time posting topics if you know someone is going to 'steal' them and your links to use for another forum ?

Clicking a thank you button or whatever will not make any difference to the eventual outcome, just like some places that have captcha's you will find people will persevere and do whats needed to be done.

A thank you button would let the origional poster know that there links are actually been used and that there is actualy a point in posting links and uploading stuff. People say thank you in person why not show the same respect on-line ? its like compleating some home work and never getting a grade for it.......

Leechers what forum does not have them, if we cant put up with them we may as well just close the door, besides I reckon at least 2 out of every 10 leeches become bonafide members and contribute something to the forum, not a great ratio but better than nothing.

Leechers are also ones who steal from the forum. the uploaders spend time posting links. a leecher spends a few mins on the forum to steal them. the uploader doesnt know which links if any that they are posting are actually been used. Other forums forums do have leechers. thats why they have thousends of members most of which have 0 - 5 posts and are hardly active. Just clogging up the database.

Whats the purpose of forums I think it is to share things with others whether anyone says thank you or not or even contribute themselves is immaterial, there will always be a steady flow of those that do.

Its the people / members / users who make a forum. which is why i think it is important that contributing members are recognised for what they shaire. having people recognise others work and in put. letting uploaders know that they are appreshiated by members. bringing the community of the forum together and encuraging others to contribute too.

• Like 1

i am absolutely agree with Oldone3pp. it will make the forum a hindrance for the user will find the forum first time and new get disappeared which ultimately lead the forum with less member.

Frankly speaking , i am a member here from last august and before that i used to surfing CW for my everyday needs and proudly i would like say that cw fulfill my desire(means any types of movie ,app,game) without any hassle.

Once again and again and again.....................................I would like to say and perpetually

:cwrocks:

N.B:- I honestly tell that it is my humble please to be here

If CW leave me at any future time I will not!

• Like 5

Okay this is IMHO

most of the uloaders that post a lot of post do it to make money, without the leechers, where would they be?

Do as you suggest and you will have all uploaders uploading the same thing and why would someone who uploaded a program want to turn around and download the same program?

Oh you say to meet new people and talk to them, well here we are the chat box, count all the different and I don't mean the chatter that enters several chats a day, is there:? 10, 20? how many of them are not admins?

I feel you push people away and you will kill this and other sites just like it. Perhaps you don't mind, but I am sure the admins do, It is easy to drive people away from a site, but it is very difficult to bring them back.

Who pays for this site? I don't care how good they are, unless they are independently wealthy, it is not the admins, it is those people you want to drive away.

I am done.

• Like 3

It is stealing as the origional poster does not get credit for the post. Why spend time posting topics if you know someone is going to 'steal' them and your links to use for another forum ?

A thank you button would let the origional poster know that there links are actually been used and that there is actualy a point in posting links and uploading stuff. People say thank you in person why not show the same respect on-line ? its like compleating some home work and never getting a grade for it.......

Leechers are also ones who steal from the forum. the uploaders spend time posting links. a leecher spends a few mins on the forum to steal them. the uploader doesnt know which links if any that they are posting are actually been used. Other forums forums do have leechers. thats why they have thousends of members most of which have 0 - 5 posts and are hardly active. Just clogging up the database.

Its the people / members / users who make a forum. which is why i think it is important that contributing members are recognised for what they shaire. having people recognise others work and in put. letting uploaders know that they are appreshiated by members. bringing the community of the forum together and encuraging others to contribute too.

So your saying piracy is not the same as stealing, which is what were all doing one way or another. You have to remember this is warez nothing is legal on warez, somone buys a CD and rips its it then uploads to a filehost then posts it on a warez forum thats piracy theft/stealing.

Does it really matter if no one says thank you to a post, sure its nice to get them, but does it really matter?

All forums have rules some I know are very draconian others like Cyberwarez tend to keep the rules to a limit so it does not impede upon our freedoms. If too many rules or regulations or have to do this type of things were to be put in place it would only serve to drive members, potential members and those that want to share what they have, away from such places.

• Like 2

i am absolutely agree with Oldone3pp. it will make the forum a hindrance for the user will find the forum first time and new get disappeared which ultimately lead the forum with less member.

Frankly speaking , i am a member here from last august and before that i used to surfing CW for my everyday needs and proudly i would like say that cw fulfill my desire(means any types of movie ,app,game) without any hassle.

I fail to understand why your refer to saying thank you to somoene for there work as a 'hindrance'. It takes time to set up and run forums and post content. it takes under a min to say thank you or click a thank you button

Okay this is IMHO

most of the uloaders that post a lot of post do it to make money, without the leechers, where would they be?

Do as you suggest and you will have all uploaders uploading the same thing and why would someone who uploaded a program want to turn around and download the same program?

Oh you say to meet new people and talk to them, well here we are the chat box, count all the different and I don't mean the chatter that enters several chats a day, is there:? 10, 20? how many of them are not admins?

I feel you push people away and you will kill this and other sites just like it. Perhaps you don't mind, but I am sure the admins do, It is easy to drive people away from a site, but it is very difficult to bring them back.

Who pays for this site? I don't care how good they are, unless they are independently wealthy, it is not the admins, it is those people you want to drive away.

I am done.

Uploaders post topics to make money ??? never heard that one before.....

what exactly do you mean when you say 'where would we be with out leechers?' leechers are not doing anything for the forum apart from taking a space in the database...

This feature is not a way to 'meet new members and talk to them' its so that uploaders know that what they are doing is worth it.

exammple 30 views on a topic does not mean 30 people downloaded - they just viewed it.

if a user wants to download they say thanks so they can see the links. so the uploader gets feedback and knows people are actually downloading and using the links.

So your saying piracy is not the same as stealing, which is what were all doing one way or another. You have to remember this is warez nothing is legal on warez, somone buys a CD and rips its it then uploads to a filehost then posts it on a warez forum thats piracy theft/stealing.

Does it really matter if no one says thank you to a post, sure its nice to get them, but does it really matter?

All forums have rules some I know are very draconian others like Cyberwarez tend to keep the rules to a limit so it does not impede upon our freedoms. If too many rules or regulations or have to do this type of things were to be put in place it would only serve to drive members, potential members and those that want to share what they have, away from such places.

Its not a rule its a feature. people just use it. well if people like to spend there time posting links and not know if any of them are been used then that up to them. Just a sugestion here.

I fail to understand why your refer to saying thank you to somoene for there work as a 'hindrance'. It takes time to set up and run forums and post content. it takes under a min to say thank you or click a thank you button

Uploaders post topics to make money ??? never heard that one before.....

what exactly do you mean when you say 'where would we be with out leechers?' leechers are not doing anything for the forum apart from taking a space in the database...

This feature is not a way to 'meet new members and talk to them' its so that uploaders know that what they are doing is worth it.

exammple 30 views on a topic does not mean 30 people downloaded - they just viewed it.

if a user wants to download they say thanks so they can see the links. so the uploader gets feedback and knows people are actually downloading and using the links.

bro uploaders get the info of the file downloaded from their filehosting a/c.

• Like 2

When I use or as you say steal links to post elsewhere I always put at the top.

Not My Upload - Credit to the original uploader - - - - CONTENT UNCHECKED.

Saying thank you to a post like I said it would be nice but then we have in every post a button we can click a green one that says I like This.

• Like 3

bro uploaders get the info of the file downloaded from their filehosting a/c.

If thats the case. Case Closed :D

• Like 1

Simon, you are extremely naive, or you are just trying to get the responses that you have been getting. If you are just naive, go to some of the file host and read how much you can make by using their service.

FYI take a look at the green button lower right side of the post. It has a check mark and has (Like This) printed on it. That is the same as saying thank you, I agree, keep up the good work, your on the right track, and other comments to the affirmative.

You stay around the internet long enough, you will learn.

• Like 1

point of the thank you button is that after its been clicked the download link is then in view. as well as thanking the poster. the green 'like this' button does not have the same effect. plus look around the forum, how many times as it been used in the download section from members ?? hardly ever. but that is not my point. my point is hiding a link until you reply / click a thanks button. then the uploader knows that links are been used.

however the uploader knows the link is been used from there filehosting account.

i genuinely did not know that users where payed for there links either.

I have been on line years. i have not used warez forums for a while.the above is how things where done back then at alot of forums...

Thats why if you have a look around at some of the other forums a lot of filehosts have been banned or disallowed for that reason

Warez should be free to share and not to profit from.

• Like 2

we have the like button for genuine likes for the post/thread. As for posting to show links, this will only increase spam as members would type anything just to get the link

Declined

• Like 1