Sign in to follow this  
Sean_0085

HOW TO MAKE NORTON GHOST BOOTABLE DISK ?

hey guys if u could help me, guide me how to make norton bootable disk for windows 7 help will be appreciated and also let me know wht software do i need to make norton bootalble disk , i tired to find ghost.exe i can't find it :(

Thank you

Not sure what you want to do here, make a win7 boot disk for recovery??...many exists for this, but you may have one already in your PC

To make anything bootable. just make sure that you've selected your CD rom ( or usb, etc) drive as first boot device..this is done from the set up screen in BIOS

• Like 1

will this link here help at all for you

http://nightowl.radified.com/bootcd/bootcdintro.html

• Like 1

bro if i am not norton ghost is a third party RIS(remote installation service) like win2k3 or WDS in win2k8.

u may find a bootable norton ghost disk here. if u not i will upload for u .

Njoy!

alternatively u may use hirenbootdvd proteus version 15.1 where u will find norton ghost in this package.

• Like 1

i am triying to make cd disk with ghost.exe whenever i want to install windows it just runs ghost file and install iso to the system

coz i download windows iso and when burn them to cd it does that same thing i just want to know how can i do that

and Thanks for ur rply frnds i appriceate that :)

bro u probably downloaded a ghost image of windows, u may get ur dvd burn by daemon tools/alcohol/ashampoo/imgburn/power iso/magic iso/nero whichever is ease to u.

alternatively u may download a xp/win7 from our cwupload section which will relieve all ur problem.

:cwrocks:

Hello Sean_0085,

If I understand correctly, what you want is to learn how to make a Bootable Windows 7 DVD or USB Drive to make new installs.

Is this what you want?

I'm not sure if you want to make a Norton Ghost bootable disk,

or a Windows 7 (OS) bootable disk using Norton Ghost

Let me know if I understood you correctly.

In any case, Norton Ghost is a BackUp and Recovery tool form Symantec.

X_7

coz i download windows iso and when burn them to cd it does that same thing

When you "burn" an ISO file to a cd, not COPY it, it actually expands the filesystem contained inside the ISO file and writes the corresponding files and folders to the CD.  So that, when you then boot from that CD, it contains all the files and folders needed -- not a single ISO file.

Installing FROM an ISO file is completely different.  You can't just click it and then install.

When I last used Ghost (years ago -- quit using it because it failed on me when I most needed it!), it saved backup images to a proprietary format file (not an ISO file).  IF that's the same with the Ghost version you're using, the file is an image of a Windows setup, not a Windows installer -- and even if you could expand that onto a new hard drive, it probably wouldn't work because the hardware in the new system would likely require different drivers than those installed in the original system from which the image backup was made.