Sign in to follow this  
Omnion

[Tutorial] Animated .gifs

I made this tut as you can see by the date way before i just posted this for noobs with photoshop :D

This Thread will show you how to make some basic animations with Photoshop.

Step 1: Open a new document. I'm going to use a size of 1000px x 500px for this tutorial.

WJwjl.png

Step 2: Add a new layer (shift+control+n) and paint(1) a 50px cricle(2) into that layer(3).

pUKIl.png

Step 3: Go to: Windows(1), and click on Animation(2). A window on the bottom will appear(3).

Note: Click that button(4) to change displaymodes if it looks diffrent.

ycTSr.png

Step 4: Set the delaytimer(1) to "No delay"(2) and duplicate the frame 3 times(3).

CWLdf.png

Step 5: Click on the secound frame(1) and move(2) the cricle(3). Do the same with the third frame(4).

FazoO.png

FEnWp.png

Step 6: Press Ctrl and klick on frame 1 & 4(1). Doubleklick on the circle layer(2) and enable coloroverlay(3). Change the color to red and hit "okay"(4). Click on the second frame and change his circles color to blue. Do the same with your third frame, but pick green instead of blue.

DrAbW.png

Step 7a: Select frame 1 and 2 by pressing Ctrl and clicking on them(1). Now click on the "add frames" button(2) and change the value to 18(3), them hit "okay"(4).

Note: More frames would make a smoother movement but also slows down the movement and increases filesize. Examples below!

8lcmL.png

Step 7b: Repeat step 7a with frame 20 & 21. Repeat it again with frame 39 & 40. You should have 58 frames by now. Select frame 58(1) and delete it(2).

Note: Frame 1 and 58 are the same and we just need one of them.

mf3lX.png

Step 8: Press Alt+Shift+Ctrl+S. A window should appear. Set the loop to endless(1) and save it.(2)

0ZCFy.png

Done! it should look like this now:

57 frames:

ADDgp.gif

600 frames:

xWqiK.gif

I dont know why is writing "posted image" but this happened to me more than once i just had to upload to different image hoster

But the images were there when i posted this thread and without the images the tut is useless bcz most of the tut is with the images