Sign in to follow this  
naxalka

unmountable_boot_volume xp

Hey guys, I got a problem with laptop, after elecktricity jumping, blue screen with terrible msg -unmountable_boot_volume. I try consol with chkdsk but its didn't work , its use local disk C, and says that there's 1 or 2 prob which can't be solved, but my windows on local D. The most funny that all the all local disk except C dissapered. Pls help me to solve this problem with out loosing the info on local disks. (Necessary to save not system disk, important other local disk) . Thank you

• Like 1

1.Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.

4.When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5.At the command prompt, type fixboot, and then press ENTER.

6.At the command prompt, type exit , and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

This takes a bit longer, but the system should boot back into Windows.

Thank you, but its didn't help. Its writing 1 or 2 bad sectors, specialy that I wrote up my win not on disk C

Thank you, but its didn't help. Its writing 1 or 2 bad sectors, specialy that I wrote up my win not on disk C

The Hard drive is failing. What U need to do is get UR data off of that drive ASAP. Stop using the drive till U can clone it.

I have more insights but since U want this closed Y bother.

Good-luck,

dirty ;)

• Like 1