Sign in to follow this  
rahulko25

LINUX

hI

can some help to me

how can installl LINUX or UBUNTU step by stem and how can i configure to sharing internet connection

1st we need to know which version of Linux you are wanting to install and setup as there are alot of different versions

• Like 1

i know about internet configuration here is the vid i found:--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGUSNLpe1Ec
  • Like 1

Do  you  have  cd  to  boot  from?  It's  not that  hard  with  cd  these  days...what issue  do  you  have  exactly?

check this one

http://www.cyberphoenix.org/forum/topic/179230-how-to-install-ubuntu-linux/
  • Like 2

thanks 4 all of you..

if

any possibility then please reply .. installing and configure and internet sharing with site block policey aslo printer sharing future to local group.

Have  you  searched  how  to do  this? .. it's a bit  tough  not  knowing  what  you  know  or  don't  know...Linux uses the Common UNIX Printing System, also known as CUPS.  

Cups uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) to allow local printing and print sharing. The /etc/cups/ directory stores all the configuration files for printing. However, these files can be easily managed with the Printer Configuration Tool in Linux.

​I  think  Google  will  be  easier  to  explain,  more  than  me

• Like 1

Sorry for the late response, but I didn't see this earlier ...

You don't install Linux.  That is an operating system kernel.  What you install is a Distribution (known as a Distro) which includes a version of the Linux kernel along with other software and, generally, some applications.

A good place to get downloads of Linux Distros is the DistroWatch.com website. If you look through their site web page, you will also see links to review and tutorials on some of the different Distros.

Among the most popular Distros today are Ubuntu (which uses the Unity desktop, a cell-phone like interface that many of us to not like) and Mint (which uses a menu-like interface that many of us prefer).

Both Ubuntu and Mint can be downloaded for free from their various sites (or from DistroWatch).  When you do that, you will need to burn a DVD or create a bootable USB stick -- from which to boot into the OS.  That will allow you to try out each OS and see how well you like each.

As to your request to set up internet access that bypasses site blocking policies, the various Distro support forums will NOT help you with that (the Ubuntu forums and the Linux Mint forums).  In fact, I don't personally believe that can be done.

for file sharing create a virtual server on widows pc and connect linux destro to it and transfer file.. or else try the below command

PC A type command:

Code:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 up

PC B type command:

Code:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.2 up

From PC A type to see if connected or not

Code:
ping 127.0.0.1
ping 192.168.1.2

OR from PC B type to see if connected or not

Code:
ping 127.0.0.1
ping 192.168.1.1

To copy file between 2 server/pc make sure ssh is running. Or type command on both PC:

Code:
/etc/init.d/sshd start

To copy file from PCA to PCB type command

Code:
scp filename user@192.168.1.2:/tmp

GUI network config tool

Code:
system-config-network

Type all above command as the root user.