CyberAbc

New member must read before post

Dear members

I have found that lots of members (especially newbie) facing  problems while creating/posting thread  after creating their account.

we are need to inform you that the post count must be 10 before you can start a new thread except the introduce yourself section.

(We do this to help stop drive by bots and spammers)

Thanking You,

CyberAbC33

• Like 14

Very nice rule to avoid bots. I visceraly hate bots and, at the same time, I wish to learn how to build one... Then you start to think about human being idiosyncrasies and contradictions...

• Like 1

I have seen on several forums that the newbie post-count must be over 25 or more to be able to post in Downloads section. A lot of members moaned that this number ws too hard to achieve!.... hahaha... how hard can it be to make 25 posts in various sections?... Not hard at all, just goes to show that these members were only after the access to the download link.... its quite simple when you answer posts with a useful or informative reply, offer help to other members, post "Requested" Links etc..... as you can imagine, those members left the site with only a post count of 2 !!! hahahaha. So, the limit on being able to make posts in certain sections not only deters Bots, but also Leechers. ;)

• Like 3

Give me a few days  ;) 
I'am getting  used to the new forum
By the way looks fantastic here  :D

Grtjs Sentabees

• Like 2

Erm I get spammers. Seen 'em before, but bots? I don't understand. I think those GoogleBots and all that are pretty harmless right? 

Erm I get spammers. Seen 'em before, but bots? I don't understand. I think those GoogleBots and all that are pretty harmless right? 

Posting bots. They can post houndreds of threads in no time..

Posting bots. They can post houndreds of threads in no time..

Owh...I see. Well, my encounter with spammers might be those ^^ 

Thanks for info :) 

• Like 1