Sign in to follow this  
rahulko25

USB

Hi..

why every time ask new hardware found when insert different USB in windows xp sp 3

i just download xp sp3 and installing then this problem r created ..

so help to me what i do..

i understand but same usb used in xp sp2 then not need to add any software just plug and play ..

but

this xp sp3 have problem with all usb when plug then need to search or install ..

• Like 1

Ah well, thats the mysteries of microsoft for you lol  I take it, its a completely different version of XP and not just the SP pack?

• Like 1

Ah well, thats the mysteries of microsoft for you lol  I take it, its a completely different version of XP and not just the SP pack?

windows xp sp3 and alos alow to update and byepass WGC check.. but prombel steel alive .. then i share my porblem here .. to how shoutout my prbolem..

bcz all r expert  available on this from.

Really, that looks like a problem that could be caused by some type of modification made by the person who edited the original XP disc. The best advice I wold give is to just avoid all the trouble of trying to fix your current installation and look for a different version of XP that is not so heavily modified.

• Like 1

Different USB devices often require different drivers -- even though they all connect through a USB port. I've even seen instances where I insert a USB stick of the same brand I've used previously but of larger size.  Eventually, Windows will have saved all the drivers and won't prompt you anymore.

• Like 1

Go to this address:

go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9775982

This is MS FixIt. It will scan your system and find (hopefully) the problem you have. Also you could go to 'Device Manager' and uninstall your usb. then reboot and let Windows install it automatically when it finds it.

• Like 1

yes this is because of the following procedure

1. first time u plug ur usb to port 1 then the driver is initialized to port 1 only.

2. next time when u plug it to port 2 the same driver is copied and assigned to port 2 but to do this it takes time thats when the message u get installing device driver.. after this copy of the driver in port 1 is deleted

3. if u keep plugging into different ports it keeps re installing.. 

4. plug and play devices also have binary drivers which take time to install.. its not instantaneous.

have a nice day :)