Half Monk

Problem With My Burner(Writer).

Hi, my burner dose'nt  read or write a dvd's it's "Hl- DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS70 SCSI CdRom" i cleaned it's lance but it's doen't work yet plzz help me.. :)

My pc spec:-

AMD PHENOM II X2 555 PROCESSOR ~3.2 GHz

4Gb DDr 3 Ram

160 gb Samsung

500 gb segregate Hardisk

Zotac Nvidia Geforece GT640 ~2 GB [graphic card]

Asus m4n68t-m le v2

windows 7 64-bit..

where can i find this driver plzz help me i try but i can't get driver.. :)

• Like 1

I found this info for you - Hope it helps ;)

http://communities.intel.com/thread/27206

http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/HL-DT-ST~DVDRAM~GH24NS70~SCSI~CdRom~Device.html

http://drivers.awdit.com/ht-lg/hl-dt-st-dvdram-gh24ns70-scsi-cdrom-device/
  • Like 1

Dang bro :( you might have to get another burner (did you make sure you uninstalled all the old drivers?)

it's looking like a Win7 problem as I did have problems with hardware (and Software) when I went to Win7 and to Win8 :(

I did that filter but there is not a filter problem cuz there is no subkey like lowerfilter. I think the problem is in sp 1 . I didn't install it. thats why it cause I am going to check it now.

I noticed that you mentioned that DVD-drive was scsi in your specs. You should make sure that you have the OS scsi driver. I may be wrong, but I know that with XP and Vista, you needed a separate scsi driver for the OS itself for the motherboard. without it the motherboard cannot process the info, especially if you are running an Intel processor. Again, I may be wrong because I dont know as much about Win7/8 as I do all previous OS's, but with previous OS's, you had to install the scsi driver for the motherboard during the initial OS setup. If you have driver disks for your hardware, you can find it on them, try the MB driver disk first, then look on the rom driver disk. You might even be able to find it from microsoft. If you think I may be on to something, let me know and I will investigate it further for you. One more thing, is this a new drive or did it just stop working after you upgraded?

_

parker216

tech mod

@ parker i have AMD processor. and i can't get driver cd with my burner and it's 7 so 7 install many of drivers automatically. :) now sometimes it's work and sometimes not.....

@Half Monk, have looked to see if it is being confused with something else trying to use the same resource? If the resources for the drive is being used by something else as well, it would cause intermittent use. Im going to lookup what resource your ROM is supposed to use, and maybe go from there????? To be honest bro, Im stumped, with everything else youve tried to do I cant think of too many other things it could be. I'll repost when I find something.

_

parker216

tech mod

@Half Monk, is this a new pc, or an existing pc? did you do any upgrades (hardware, or software) prior to the malfunction? Did you add anything to the pc?

I know this might sound stupid of me, but have you checked its cable? do have another data cable you could use to do this with? also, check to see if it set to be the master or slave, if it is hooked up with another drive. since you have 2 HDD's, it could be worth a check. Let me know bro!

_

parker216

tech mod

bro try this..

1.first switch off ur comp

2.remove your dvd rom

3.start ur comp 

4.uninstall all the drivers related to that dvd rom from device manager(dvd rom not available will be shown)

5.shut down

6. connect back ur dvd rom and restart

7. rom will be reinstalled with latest drivers...

i think this is a crude way but it will mostly work (if there is a hardware problem it wont :P)

HalfMonk, I know its been a long while, but I was wondering what you decided to do? Did you just replace the burner? Did anything suggested work? I really am interested so I can put it in my personal fix notes.

Thanks Monk!!

_

parker216

Tech Mod

• Like 1