Sign in to follow this  
Blackrome03

FLV Player Issue

Hey Guys

A few months ago I was watching a video on the FLV Player and the video size was bigger than my screen view so I had to close it. In my heist I must have did something to it in closing it. Now when I go to play videos with the flv player the window doesn't open up anymore so I can view it but I can hear it just fine. Nothing I did or tired seems to working like uninstalling and re-installing internet searches produced no results.... Any solutions out there I missed? Toshiba LaptopWindows 7

uninstall the FLV app, then reinstall it. that is going to be the easiest no-mess way to fix it. I didnt really come up with anything when I searched either. dont delete any folders that you have or anything, just go to 'Control Panel' / 'Programs and Features' and uninstall then reinstall.

• Like 2

Um uninstalling then re-installing doesn't work regardless on how many times I do it... its not that the FLV Player isn't working its just Im unable to view it as its playing... I can hear the sound no problem but I can't actually see the clip playing I can't close from the view box resize or even view the view box at all... Is VLC similar to FLV? I kinda heard of it but never had the need to use it

Seriously, uninstall flv player..you're limiting yourself with what you can watch either install VLC or go here and get the Classic Media Player Home Cinema version...people underestimate this but its worth having :)

http://mpc-hc.org/

VLC has handled all the video that I have thrown @ it :)

I only use VLC occasionally and usually its only if a film is OOS because I can adjust it and then save it. But its not often that I find a film like that. I've got far superior software for doing all the recoding/encoding etc so I stick to my CMP :)

• Like 1

I usually use VLC but then again I don't watch much on my laptop cos the screen is too small.

• Like 1

VLC is all I have used for the last 4 yrs. I have never had a problem with it. @Blackrome03, if you are just stuck on FLV then uninstall it, run a registry cleaner to remove any registry files that may be left over from it, then try and install again. But still, VLC is MUCH BETTER than even Realplayer Pro. I have used both and speak from experience. Let us know if you try vlc or the suggestion that I made. We'll keep chugging along on it if you like. Good Luck!

_

parker216

tech mod