Half Monk

Want Suggestion on buying ssd.

I want to buy internal  2tb ssd. so which company i need to buy..

Seagate , Toshiba or WD. :)

I like the samsung and intel ones...There will be a happy balance between cost and performance for each individual person. Be sure that you maximize your interface's performance potential by matching the sata (I, II, III) to your machine's interface - if you don't plan on moving the drive ever, and you only have sata II on your machine, just get one of those and save a few bucks. But really, you're probably getting the drive for the performance increase, so try to go with the fastest available bus. Also, better to overestimate the size of the drive that you will need...really  sucks to run out of space and have to deal with issues resulting in that. I buy them off Amazon.com usually.

***Edit***

Hold on, 2TB? That seems excessive and also really overly expensive. Are you seriously wanting to fork out $6000 for one of these?

I would get a smaller drive and couple it with a high speed HD and optimize where files are stored....250GB or 500GB should be plenty...

• Like 2

lol. nope man it's not that expnsive in my country. i research on net seagate is not expensive but low transfer rate and wd i expensive but high transfer rate.. :)

I have a 512 ssd and love the speed. My computer boots into windows in about 7 seconds.

• Like 1

Soild Stae is great no matter what U buy it will B super fast. Ok. :D

I think that U need 2 compare the read write speeds & how long they say it will last.

That is what is going to make U happy in the long run.

You want what is going 2 give U the most MB/s. I think 555 read & 520 write is par for a fast SSD drive, but who knows maybe there is faster on the market right  now that I don't know about.

As far as the 1z U mention I was a big WD guy for a long time. But have had huge disappointments with 8 or 9 2TB HDD.

I have been replacing them with Seagates. I like them because they run cooler than my WD drives, & so far they have lasted the test of time.

So I say: Seagate

I am in the market 4 a SSD drive myself & am looking @ either OCZ or PNY. PNY from what I compared reads & writes fast. OCZ last twice as long.[2 million HRS]

Good-luck :P

• Like 3

I have had mine just about a year now.

OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-512G 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

It was 500.00 when I got it. It may be cheaper now

• Like 2

Tbh...I'd probably either wait until the PCI card is more available..which I saw one the other day online at a british superstore and it wasn't that expensive considering or get a 2TB external USB 3.0, the USB 3.0 is very quick with transfer rates. My Sata HDD in one of my other computers boots up windows 7 pretty quickly and I hadn't even changed the bios to cut things out like opening screen blah blah blah, I've not changed the start up progs either, which would make it even faster to boot up

However, if you really want a SSD then I would suggest a Seagate..never had any problems with seagate quality (touch wood) :D

• Like 1

I think all suggestion come with seagate ok. i wil buy seagate 2 tb . :) thanks to alll :):yourock::cprocks: