Saran999

About the link redirection forum rule... just curious

I was thinking about the banned link redirectors and the purpose behind them.

Particularly about SafeLinking and anonym.to.

I do not wish to argue, but I'm interested on the motivations that may push uploaders to mask their links. If I may understand that, for the first one there may be a traffic redirection linked with some kind of money earned with it, I do not understand why the second one is banned.

In my mind its purpose was to anonymously redirect links to hosting websites, without compromising the identity of the link sharing provider. So, a good thing to safeguard this website. But seeing this one banned open up questions that need your help to clear up in my mind.

May you help me with some insights, please? TIA

• Thanks 1

Well mate redirectors as you say protecting (compromising the identity) is a spoof as I get spammers alot.

Also folks think redirectors save there links fro being deleted and they don't.

If posters want to protect there links from getting deleted then they need to Encrypt the files they rar then upload them.

We also hide sections from scanners, So that they can't see inside.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm still unsure if this rule also affects multiple upload services like Mirrorcreator.com 

because of their internal redirector? 

I've got quite a lot albums already uploaded via MCR and would like to make at least some of them available here,

but extracting and posting the direct links would be against MCR's TOS and could lead to an account ban.

(I could clone the files on the host accounts in order to obtain new links... 

and thereby hide the fact that they were uploaded via MCR, but this would be quite a lot effort and somehow unfair.) 

I'd never use adf*ly or similar crap -

because these services were spreading drive-by malware / exploit kits in the past frequently.

Might have been third-party-injections, but that doesn't make a difference in the end...

Link crypters like share-links.biz (used by some of my friends) have one single real advantage  - 

if links are posted on several forums and / or blogs and get deleted due to inactivity or DMCA,

there's no need to edit all these posts separately, but only to insert fresh links once into the crypter. ;)

But I understand and respect that these services are not allowed here.

It would be nice if someone could answer my question concerning MCR and similar services.

THX in advance! :).

One of the problems we have is that any form of redirect site which is exactly what Mirrorcreator is, is that we cannot check the links directly. It also means several extra steps to get to what you want.

Other sites also ban Mirrorcreator because of the no direct links. I have just found a site that allows them and tried to download. The link to start with showed it was not available on WAR link checker but it was. Then I chose several hosts to download from that said they were OK. No they were not. They were all dead. A total waste of effort and for that reason we will not be allowing it on here. Sorry but we will only accept direct links.

Thanks, Mr Grumpy for the quick response and the detailed explanation. :)

NP at all - I don't want to argue and I'll respect the CP policy concerning all kinds of "redirectors".

Unfortunately,

it is currently impossible to remote upload files directly from my backups (instead of using MCR...)

to 4shared, Zippyshare, Ge.tt, MegaShares, RS and a few others -

these friendly mirrors will therefore become "a victim of the circumstances".  ;)

Sorry about causing you problems but after finding a site that had those links(not easy by any means) and trying them it was not a brilliant experience as there was no advance warning about what was good or bad which from a mod point of view means manually checking every single link via the redirector. It would also annoy members trying to download stuff when they have trouble finding good links and we aim to make this place as good an experience as we can for the members.

Thanks again for your understanding

• Like 1

Also to add to this...some uploaders in their wisdom..use link protectors like safelinking etc to redirect to other link protectors to other link protectors and again to another link protector, receiving money for each link protector the downloader goes through to find that the link that they wanted in the first place is dead. Or some uploaders use link protectors to redirect to other sites and spoofware etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1