PirateBrowser is a bundle package of the Tor client (Vidalia), FireFox Portable browser(with foxyproxy addon) and some custom configs that allows you to circumvent censorship that certain countries such as Iran, North Korea, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Denmark, Italy and Ireland impose onto their citizens.
This is how it looks like:
- Magnet link:
- Torrent file:
- Self extracting archive:
No, while it uses Tor network, which is designed for anonymous surfing, this browser is intended just to circumvent censorship — to remove limits on accessing websites your government doesn't want you to know about.
Does this contain any viruses or trojans?
- 1) Download PirateBrowser and save it to your computer:
2) Run the downloaded .exe file
You may be prompted to verify the application, press "Run":
- 3) Select the desination folder and press "Extract":
(It will create a PirateBrowser folder in the path you assign)
- 4) Go to the new directory and run the "Start PirateBrowser.exe" file:
- 5) The application will start up. Once connected to the Tor Network the standalone Firefox browser will open up and you can start browsing:
- TIP: If you want to create a icon on your desktop to start the PirateBrowser, you can right click on "Start PirateBrowser.exe", choose "Send to" and then "Desktop (create shortcut)".