hawk32

8 gb flash drive

No usable free extent could be found. It may be that there is insufficient
free space to create a partition at the specified size and offset. Specify
different size and offset values or don't specify either to create the
maximum sized partition. It may be that the disk is partitioned using the MBR di
sk
partitioning format and the disk contains either 4 primary partitions, (no
more partitions may be created), or 3 primary partitions and one extended
partition, (only logical drives may be created).

anybody know how to fix?

Is it a new one or one that you've had for a while and used before? Have you tried formatting the drive?

If new it's possibly a scam one. If old it has got scrambled. Probably beyond help unless anyone else has any ideas

• Like 2

I totally agree with Mr Grumpy. Please, post more info on that weird drive...I'm curious :)

• Like 1

Windows reads it total full and can't format it No direct acess .

I tried all kinds programs to format and Linux no success.

We've had something similar about 6 months ago on TS and the final solution after lots of suggestions was to dump the drive. It had got totally corrupted internally so was then useless. Unfortunately this things don't last for ever. I've had a couple I've thrown away because they stopped working

just as an outside shot.....have you tried to reformat the drive? And have you checked it in admin tools under storage? Or even run a diagnostic check on it?

• Like 1

test this tool 

HDD.Low.Level.Format.Tool.4.40

http://hddguru.com/
SERIAL KEYS HDD Low Level Format Tool 4.40

COMMERCIAL
U5DR-EHQL-AJS9-2CYP
B2CY-QQNV-ZZXN-NADH
T8HH-3BLC-R4WL-PJUY
FHFM-LMYT-ENWQ-4F5Q
ZKJ8-T5Y3-8S9B-HQWL

HOME
C2B3-3DT3-P9ZZ-55XC
JJZE-TNRN-KM3K-Y5WK
JJZE-TNRN-KM3K-Y5WK
WVEY-VX66-25T9-L3HY
WYP6-BKK6-KEP9-KAAT

THFD-WHEY-LYQB-JQYV
  • Like 1

I have had a similar thing happen with a decent 128GB USB flash drive which my media player has twice corrupted the firmware/controller. The first time I managed to fix it but the 2nd time I did not. I think I might of used the wrong tool to fix it and made it not usable in the process.

There are a couple of Russian sites which deal with flash drives and contains lots of tools to fix flash drives and read in depth information on them such as the controller used and the correct size. I remember at least one of the information programs being Chinese.

I purchased a 2TB flash drive on eBay which was fake and the seller refunded me. Using a tool from the Russian site I managed to correct the drive size which was originally a 16GB drive with half being faulty and therefore very cheap which is why they used them to alter the drive size to show as 2TB. It worked as a 8GB drive which is how I use it so it was okay for free even if nothing special.

A few of the program names are: ChipEasy, ChipGenius & Flash Drive Information Extractor. You start with those to find out the details about the drive and then you can find appropriate programs to correct the faults. Best of luck.

https://flashboot.ru/files/
	https://www.usbdev.ru/