Half Monk

12 year old Anonymous hacker pleads guilty to DDOS attack

A 12 year old boy has pleaded guilty to three counts of hacking in a Canadian court on Thursday.

The fifth grader, who was 11 at the time of the offences, aided Anonymous in DDOS attacks against government sites during the 2012 Quebec student protests.

The boy contributed to the crashing of sites and acquired user and administrator information from database servers. He is also accused of defacing the front page of websites.

rZbB5VW.jpg

The Toronto Sun reports one of the hacked sites was down for two days, causing over $60,000 in damage. A report is expected to detail the extent of the attacks on targets such as Montreal Police and the Chilean government next month. It is reported hackivist group Anonymous exchanged his hacking skills for video games.

"It's easy to hack but do not go there too much, they will track you down," the Primary school student said.

The 12 year old was among the several hackers arrested over the Anonymous protest. His lawyer says he saw it as a challenge and that “there was no political purpose.” The fifth grader is to be sentenced next month.

• Like 1

They are called in jargon script-kiddies and they really don't know the implications and consequences of what they do. There is an automated exploit maker, they download it, they use it... and they go to jail. This is the actual situation. The pity is that there is no added knowledge on what they are doing, nor added studies or research from their part.

And this was an 11 year old boy. I've seen a documentary on Anonymous non-organization that shows how a 30 something person goes to jail with the same DDOS automated exploit tool, used against Scientology.

About the defacing part of the accuse... well, I wish really to know more...

• Like 1

First of all,...this didn't happen in Quebec,...it happened in Montreal! There is a city called Quebec and both are in the province of Quebec! I happen to live here in Montreal,and am familiar with the event which occured! Better info on this would be here:

http://rt.com/news/canada-boy-hacker-anonymous-games-821/

Reference to the incident is here:

Another way the young Montreal hacker disabled the systems was by altering information and making it appear as a homepage with his own information. In such an attack, known as website defacement, the hacker gets access to a web server of the target and replaces the original page with a fake one.

Anyways,I just wanted to point that fact out!