Sign in to follow this  
rahulko25

Office 2007

HI..

plz help..

my three pc on home group network ..  recently i am install windows 8.1 in one pc and other two pc xp sp3 running

in windows 8.1 pc winword running fine but other 2 computer winword not working

when i start office word (offcie 2007 ) open and hang or not reponding and other producat like Excel or Power point are working fine in same computer.

when i unplug network line and open winword open eassly and work fine.. but insert or plug network cable same problem are live..

why not woking windows offcie word

help me

Are you talking about Word 2007 on Win8 or WinXP

If I get you right and Excel and PowerPoint is working right then something has gotten corrupted in Word

I would 1st go to "Add Remove" in the "Control Panel" and chose Repair Office 2007 and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't then you can just run Office 2007 setup and chose custom install - uncheck all but Word 2007 then install

Are you talking about Word 2007 on Win8 or WinXP

If I get you right and Excel and PowerPoint is working right then something has gotten corrupted in Word

I would 1st go to "Add Remove" in the "Control Panel" and chose Repair Office 2007 and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't then you can just run Office 2007 setup and chose custom install - uncheck all but Word 2007 then install

my three pc on home group network ..  recently i am install windows OS 8.1 in 1 pc and other two pc xp sp3 OS running

in 1 SYSTEM  windows 8.1 OS pc winword running fine but other 2 Runing XP SP3 OS computer winword not working

when i start office word  (offcie 2007 ) open and hang or not reponding and other producat like Excel or Power point are working fine in same computer.

when i unplug network line and open winword open eassly and work fine.. but insert or plug network cable same problem are live..

why not woking

rahulko25: I realize this is a frustrating problem ... but when someone advises you to do something and ALL you do in response is repeat your original post with some words highlighted in RED -- that does not help!  We can all read, here.  Repeating the same thing to us a second time is rude.

You mention the PCs are connected through a Homegroup -- but XP does not use Homegroups.  If you mean a Work group, that is different.

Are any of the Word documents being accessed on a network share?

Are any of them on one of the other PCs?

• Like 1

rahulko25: I realize this is a frustrating problem ... but when someone advises you to do something and ALL you do in response is repeat your original post with some words highlighted in RED -- that does not help!  We can all read, here.  Repeating the same thing to us a second time is rude.

You mention the PCs are connected through a Homegroup -- but XP does not use Homegroups.  If you mean a Work group, that is different.

Sorry not Homegroup all pc in workgroup

NO  not any document access on workgroup networkd

1 Pc OS is windows 8.1 (in windows 8.1 system Printer Insall  and share in other 2 Xp install PC )

other 2 Pc XP sp3..

all computer connected via DHCP..

reals problem is -  If network dissable then open officeword  access easly but network enable then open officeword open and suddenly hand but same time open Excel, Power Point access easly and alos print command easly ..

I do understand this is very strange and I would have to still say rerun Office setup and chose custom install, uncheck all but Word 2007 and reinstall.

To me it sounds like a system file is corupt

What I would suggest, before you do a reinstall, is the following:

1) Create a new Word document on each of the PCs.  Do NOT put it in a shared folder.

2) Save and close each document on each PC.

3) Then, try to open each document again -- on each of the PCs.

4) Reconnect the network

5) See if you can NOW re-open the new document on each of the PCs.

If you are sharing folders across the workgroup and you save the documents in any folders that are being shared, even if those folders are on the local machine, when you try to open a document in that folder, it's going to try to connect to the network.  

My guess is that connecting to the Win8.1 PC from the XP machines is "hanging" and that's what is preventing you from opening a document when the network is connectec.

• Like 2

Mark I should of thought of that (I don't have any XP systems anymore) I had to do alot (I mean alot) to get Win8 and Server 2012 to RDP with each other

1) Create a new Word document on each of the PCs.  Do NOT put it in a shared folder.

4) Reconnect the network

If you are sharing folders across the workgroup and you save the documents in any folders that are being shared, even if those folders are on the local machine, when you try to open a document in that folder, it's going to try to connect to the network.  

My guess is that connecting to the Win8.1 PC from the XP machines is "hanging" and that's what is preventing you from opening a document when the network is connectec.

Your Guess is right ...  Marks Phelps 

1 - Creating a new Word Document in (Windows XP ) in each PC and save and then open easily ( without networked connected) No Issue.. 

2. when do same at same PC but NETWORKED CONNECTED and trying to open  word document at time  "hanging" or not-responding in show task-manager..  

3. but same work done in 8.1 PC,  create document save and open  (with Network connected) not any problem  

Only problem in Windows XP PC..

ALL 2 PC XP SP3 Version 

if any  any suggestion plz reply here I really needful.......

thanks   

Have you thought about making the XP systems Win7.

I have 8.1 with Win7 and I use Office 2010 and 2013 - Not having problems (Stand alone, Networked, SkyDrive, or GDrive)

Have you thought about making the XP systems Win7.

I have 8.1 with Win7 and I use Office 2010 and 2013 - Not having problems (Stand alone, Networked, SkyDrive, or GDrive)

4) Reconnect the network

here is problam snap shot....

1. snap shot  image show word page hang (with networked)

2. snap shot image show word page hand but same time excel worked and print command taking (with networked)

3. one other snap show in task manager word documentg hang ( all time network connteded)

f382a11b9208320178a8be173cf06f14.jpg

7c1a9945e3a0e9cd81b39e959d70ecd4.jpg

e080a87fc0e73e503ec94a4a633d09e8.jpg

Try to completely reinstall Microsoft Office on your PC's that are running Windows XP, if you already didn't do that. As I can see you didn't really do that, but I have to repeat it.

As for the screenshots - your Microsoft Word got corrupted, that can usually happen if you try to install Word 2007/2010 over a already installed Word product.

• Like 1

Try to completely reinstall Microsoft Office on your PC's that are running Windows XP, if you already didn't do that. As I can see you didn't really do that, but I have to repeat it.

As for the screenshots - your Microsoft Word got corrupted, that can usually happen if you try to install Word 2007/2010 over a already installed Word product.

One time re-install and Other One time fresh Install Ofiice 2007.

but problem is stell  a LIVE ....

One time re-install and Other One time fresh Install Ofiice 2007.

but problem is stell  a LIVE ....

Try to use registry cleaner software and see if that will help. CCleaner, Uniblue registry cleaner or something like that.

• Like 1

It's important WHERE you create and save the documents.  

IF you create and save them to local folders -- that are NOT shared -- then having the network connected or not should make no difference.

If you create and save them to shared folders, when the network is connected (even if the folder is local), you can get a hanging problem while the PC is trying to resolve network connections.

• Like 2

It's important WHERE you create and save the documents.  

IF you create and save them to local folders -- that are NOT shared -- then having the network connected or not should make no difference.

If you create and save them to shared folders, when the network is connected (even if the folder is local), you can get a hanging problem while the PC is trying to resolve network connections.

Main issue is Office word  open and hang .. but at same time excel, power point access .. and do any thing.. save or print command ok 

so how  can i create document in office word  .... ?