NeophobiA

Age Appropriate (8-9yo) WWI information

My Stepson and His Mate are asking many questions about Hitler and life in the POW camps of WWI, being only 9 I am finding the material He is presenting Myself and His Mother a little heavy and although I don't wish to sugar coat the truth for He has always been war and military inclined I want to give the info I present to Him justice without bursting His head. If the option was there to hear it direct from Someone who lived it He would sit attentively and absorb every word and correct anyone from there on end who had their facts wrong. So I am after media of any form, literature or video that would be of use to the Child if anyone could provide or even suggest it would be appreciated.
The Boy has had a disposition for the History of War and the Military from a very young age and although He is only at learning stages of reading He can, and has done since preschool, quote stats of weapons, vehicles, aircraft and marine vessels from most eras of all countries. (To a point He trips His Parentals out on a regular basis.) This is not something We have pushed onto Him, He is His Own entity in His Own right but now He thirsts for more than figures and wants facts on the how and why of Wars.
Please if anyone can help and Thankyou in advance... 80)

hi NeophobiA,

you may want to see this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEVzN7ViBTVVkAI0tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExMGVxM25yBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1VJQzFfMQ--?qid=20120706092309AAdSzxQ