ghostxdreams2

todays music video is-------------------

Thanks Neo, love the King Diamond. Is it true they have not made an album since ohseven? Wonder why. this is from a 2015 concert, so it does puzzle me.

39 minutes ago, 4X12CAB said:

Thanks Neo, love the King Diamond. Is it true they have not made an album since ohseven? Wonder why. this is from a 2015 concert, so it does puzzle me.

Yeah, I think you're right but they have been active again recently, noticed they have picked up a bit of publicity of late...

Behemoth – I Loved You At Your Darkest

"It’s all loaded with such audacious, singular force of personality – especially Nergal’s no-holding-back vocal performance, but equally evident in Orion’s weightless bass wanderings and Inferno’s tour-de-force drum barrage. Behemoth’s bludgeoning chops, vicious tempos and esoteric atmospheres remain firm, but there is a dark streak of humour and a paradoxical joie de vivre running through I Loved You At Your Darkest. The title, a simplified, contemporary paraphrase of Christ’s words, signals the band’s impulse to shake up the formula, deviating from their tradition of snappy, definitive album titles, adding wilful ambiguity and a puckish desire to perplex. Behemoth continue nailing black and death metal simultaneously; it’s what they do. But on their 11th album, these long-serving master craftsmen have channelled the ethos of rock gods."

Parkway Drive – Reverence

"If you are worried about a lack of metal in Reverence then songs like Absolute Power and Prey will allay those fears. The latter is full of the thick, juddering, Rage Against The Machine-style grooves that made Crushed on Ire so popular, and the former swaps the Iron Maiden gallop and leads of the last outing and replaces them with the stomp and swagger of Black Album Metallica. In fact, the tone and pace of much of this album is eerily reminiscent of the album that turned Metallica into the biggest metal band of them all. We’re not suggesting that Reverence will pop in quite such a way, but, with an album that will doubtless continue their relentless march towards metal’s upper echelons, expect Parkway Drive to reap the deserving rewards of their sonic gambling."

Architects – Holy Hell

"Holy Hell isn’t the best Architects album, but it doesn’t have to be. It deviates away from the previous two albums into something more fractured, missing the mark at times, but still able to deliver knockout blows when it counts. As Sam sings he’ll ‘always carry the cross’ on closer A Wasted Hymn, the emotional force of the previous 40 minutes strikes in the chest, flooding all senses, highlighting just how much of Tom is in this album and in Architects. It’s not perfect, but it’s a victory."