NeophobiA

[CP - Upload] 3 Freeware to Benchmark Windows Boot Time

3 Freeware to Benchmark Windows Boot Time

How fast does your computer boot? How many seconds does it take to boot your Windows PC? How much faster does my Windows boot after I upgraded the hardware? Or do you care at all?

Most of time, we just FEEL that our computers boot really slow or very fast but haven’t had any clue how faster or slower they are comparing to others or the same one a few days ago. Here comes 3 pretty awesome freeware that test your computer’s boot time and measure them in exact numbers.

Windows BootTimer

Windows BootTimer is a simple portable tool that is so simple that it doesn’t even come with a graphic user interface. All it does is just one thing, testing and getting the result of how much time your computer takes to boot.
Windows-BootTimer.png
Simply download the file, double-click on the executable file. Upon restart, the tool will display the time taken by your computer to load Windows, including the time waiting to log in.

Windows BootTimer is an ancient tool that still works on modern Windows OS, including Windows 7 and 8. Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions are surprisingly supported.

http://www.planetsoft.org/utils/BootTimer.exe

Maas360 Boot Analyzer

MaaS360 Boot Analyzer is a freeware designed by MaaS360 specially for measuring the details about the boot activity of your computer. I don’t seem to locate its official page on MaaS360 website but you check it out and download from Softpedia.

MaaS360 Boot Analyzer is able to maintain a history of the previous boot times, and it is also possible to export the information to CSV file format. The statistics dialog provides details about the last ten tests or all the boot sessions. It allows user to perform automated tests by choosing the number of reboot sequences. Very handy to get a quick and reasonable result.
MaaS360-Boot-Analyzer.png
Tested MaaS360 Boot Analyzer on both Windows 7 and 8.1 computers. Both are working fine.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MaaS360-Boot-Analyzer.shtml

BootRacer

BootRacer is a handy tool specifically measuring the Windows system boot time, which includes the time it takes to get to the logon screen and the time to boot to the desktop. Once BootRacer is installed, by default, it will benchmark your system boot time every time when the machine reboots.
BootRacer.png
BootRacer is free for non-commercial use, but costs $19.95USD when used in business environment. It works on most of popular Windows platforms, from XP to Windows 8 & 8.1. Both 32-bit and 64-editions are supported.
http://www.greatis.com/bootracer/

Final words
All 3 tools work and stand on what they do. Personally, I prefer BootRacer and have been using for quite some time on my both my Windows 7 and 8 machines. But I also like Windows BootTimer’s simpleness and its portable makes the tool as one of the members in my USB keychain.