Danm

Start up error

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop, and I though I would get smart and upgrade to an SSD drive (maybe not so smart).  Everything seems to go ok, but when I boot up now I get an error ( Boot Failed: P4-HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30F).  My dvd drive seems to work ok, but getting an error on bootup.  I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled with no help.  I now put the old drive back in and it also get the same error.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?  Thanks for any help.

I have just seen one report that says delete the driver and reboot. Windows will sort out its own driver. It may be for an optical drive but may work with your problem

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Batteries-and-Power/HL-DT-ST-GT30F-PROBLEM/td-p/226638

This might give you some more ideas

http://www.fixya.com/support/t21057005-boot_failed_p4_hl_dt_stdvdram_gt30f

I hope it helps

• Like 2

Try this

Control Panel->Hardware and Sound (left click on the heading, not the subcategories)->under Devices and Printers, select Device Manager->expand DVD/CD ROOM drives->right click on HL-DT-ST DVDRAM 6T30F->select Properties->select the Driver tab in the Properties Dialogue Box->the last selection is UNINSTALL, the explanation is "To uninstall the driver (Advanced)".  Once it is uninstalled, re-boot and all will be right again.

Thanks for the quick help.  I did the uninstall the driver bit and it did reinstall, but has the same problem.

• Like 1

Hello Damn

Please update us if the problem is fixed as we all here @ CyberPhoenix want to help you fix this

Also this info could help someone else

Thank You
CjxEb.png

I found my old restore disk and restored everything back to start.  Works good now no errors.  I don't know why I could never get the drivers installed without doing a complete restore.  Thanks to all for the help.