Danm

Modem / Router problems

Ok, loaded a clean windows 7 with no other programs. It is the only pc on and prints with no problem. The only new thing is the new moden/router from AT&T. The printers drop off line with the PC either on or off. I also have wifi on two ipads with no problems. The old modem/router would drop everything not just the printers, but it was getting old. So far neither of the pc's have dropped. I think I will go back to the old modem/router and see if I still have the problem. If that will fix the problem I will buy a new modem/router and dump this piece of crap. The mf4880 just dropped, so I guess the clean load didn't help. Thanks to all for the help.

• Like 1

Ok, loaded a clean windows 7 with no other programs. It is the only pc on and prints with no problem. The only new thing is the new moden/router from AT&T. The printers drop off line with the PC either on or off. I also have wifi on two ipads with no problems. The old modem/router would drop everything not just the printers, but it was getting old. So far neither of the pc's have dropped. I think I will go back to the old modem/router and see if I still have the problem. If that will fix the problem I will buy a new modem/router and dump this piece of crap. The mf4880 just dropped, so I guess the clean load didn't help. Thanks to all for the help.

glad to hear you loaded a new load of os that  eliminates all programs that you may have loaded so now it boils down to hardware so at least it narrows it down--- now if it was me like i said before i would take my stuff to a friends or kin folks house and set it up and see if it happens there if it does then that tells you that your place is clean.

next step after that try a new modem either borrowed or a new one just an ideal hope it helps 

p.s

captain nemo your input is always welcome as is anyone's like my granddad always said: there is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are alot of stupid answers

• Like 1

glad to hear you loaded a new load of os that  eliminates all programs that you may have loaded so now it boils down to hardware so at least it narrows it down--- now if it was me like i said before i would take my stuff to a friends or kin folks house and set it up and see if it happens there if it does then that tells you that your place is clean.

next step after that try a new modem either borrowed or a new one just an ideal hope it helps 

p.s

captain nemo your input is always welcome as is anyone's like my granddad always said: there is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are alot of stupid answers

I will give that try and let you know how it works out. Thanks again

• Like 2

I have a Linksys and I've had it sence wireless N came out and have yet to have a problem with it.

As far as the network hardware I've used for many years I like Linksys as they are part of Cisco.

I also have had good dealings with Motorola - Netgear and D-link suck to me.

I really have we can help you get this problem fixed

Do like GhostDreams said and get a new one from Walmart and try it (You can take it back).

Sorry you can't get U-verse (but I would check with At&T and see if/when it will be there - At&T is upgrading there network) the Motorola NVG589 modem is a great peace of hardware.

• Like 1

i used to have a Linksys had one when they first came out loved that thing was very sad when it died:( ya i know i could have bought another one but the price was right on netgrear at the time i will probable get a Linksys in the future 

• Like 1