Sign in to follow this  
jlopez806

accidentally spilled drink on my notebook

One question for you tech guys I have an Asus netbook this what happened my netbook was in standbymode plugged in to outlet I fell asleep and when i woke up in tthe morning I must off knocked over my soda over so my netbook was almost dry but sticky spots so iI I unplugged it removed battery dried up the internals so it was dry I pit it back together and plugged it in and nothing no power light or charging light so I'm pissed I called a computer store and they said they can fix it but how if its possible or they said just to replace board no problem but my question is how do iI diagnose iy it to see if the board is still good please help

Good question  - Do you have a multimeter?

You will have to take the netbook apart and disconnect the power surply form the motherboard and check it power is coming  though.

My guess is this is what went bad as it was pluged in

I would say the same. It would have depended on how dry everything was and can take days to dry totally even if put into a bowl of rice as a desiccant. I suppose I'm lucky but have done something similar to 2 different laptops including a 4 day old Macbook Pro. The only thing with the first was 2 keys that didn't work so a new keyboard fixed that and just the occasional sticky button on the Macbook and that's probably due to the drink being a milkshake.

• Like 1

Also check the power supply to see if it is sending power to the unit. Do you have a different power supply to plug into it?