Sign in to follow this  
Half Monk

Apple sold 4 million of its new iPhones in the first 24 hrs

Apple has announced today that it sold 4 million of its new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus during their first 24 hours on sale. The large number clearly shows that there was significant demand for the device and also explains why some of the phones are now backordered several weeks. 

DLxBOW1.jpg

Apple said that this is the fastest-selling iPhone launch in the company's history. If you don't want to wait the extra time it now takes after ordering to receive your device, you can take a chance by visiting an Apple Store on Friday to see if you can get your hands on one. 

The new iPhones comes in much larger sizes, 4.7in and 5.5in; this is a big shift from the prior devices that had 4in screens or smaller. With new features like Apple Pay, a 'one-handed' mode, and of course, iOS 8, consumers were evidently eager to jump on the device.

Even though Apple's devices are rarely first to incorporate new features like NFC, they tend to make whatever feature they introduce mainstream. Apple Pay will likely be widely supported by retailers even though many have been slow to adopt other forms of NFC payments that have been available on Android devices for years.  

For comparison, Apple's iPhone 5 sold 5 million units in the first weekend of availability.

This is funny, when cell phones first came out the big push was to make them smaller and smaller.

Now it is larger and larger.

I am not even running down to get one............ My son is getting it for me  :lol: