Sign in to follow this  
gustav2007

Buying a download site premium

If you just want it for downloading then I would not go for a single one but get something like Alldebrid which, for about the same cost, will get you premium access to lots of sites. I have an Alldebrid account which works very well.

Obviously if you want to upload as well then go for Rapidgator as that seems to work OK

• Like 2

Like Mr.G said Alldebrid is Awesome for downloading

If you want a file host Rapidgator is Great, but I also like Firedrive as no count down timer and also fast for free users

Thank you guys. I will go and have a look at Allibrid then.

I don't up load much as I have a very fast internet connection. 1mb/s for uploads. For a 510MB download it takes me 5 hours I hate to think how long it would take to upload one that size.

I can't wait to complete my move to a new house with Fibre.

• Like 1

I know what you mean gustav2007 - I also can hardly wait for Fiber to get to me, but right now I got fast internet - But I want Very Fast :)

Hi Tech425,

I went to do a walkthrough of my new house and when I looked out the rear window there was this huge 6 foot high roll of fibre being pushed into a well greasred pipe. So I went down to see what was going on and the guys said they were installing the Fibre. The connection box is 3ft fr0m my Garage wall. Now I can't wait tiii next week when I move.

I have been trying to get Alldebrid but I never get the e-mail for activation. Even though the guys have sent me a link to have it resent. Anyone else have problems creating an account??

This is probably in the area of grandma and sucking eggs but have you looked in your spam box and I mean the one from your mail provider. Gmail etc do their own spam sorting before it gets to your computer for it to do it's thing. I've found stuff before hidden in one of those when I thought I hadn't received it. Even my IP use Gmail to sort the emails before it gets to me. Have a look at the online version especially if you normally use something like Outlook or Incredimail or Thunderbird to collect your emails.

I hope this helps as I've not had a problem with them.

Hi Mr Grumpy,

I use Gmail for my e-mail and run all my different addresses through it. So I only have two places to look for mail in the inbox or the spam box and nothing ever appears in either. Are you saying that there is a hidden place where e-mail hides that I don't know about??

Gustav

Did you use your Gmail account or did you use another you access through Gmail?

I have several virgin email addresses and they all have their own inbox, archive and spam boxes some which can only be accessed by going direct to the online/webmail mail which for me is via Virgin Media. Those are not usually available when you redirect back to Gmail. I know that as I use the inbuilt Mail on my Mac I can only really access the Inboxes and certainly not the individual spam boxes which are not transferred to the likes of Gmail. That is the same for my emails that use the Google system for the webmail.

You might need to go back to the place which hosts the email you used for Alldebrid and check there.

Hi Mr Grumpy,

my gmail collects all my other e-mail addresses and shows them in my inbox and brings in the junk to the junk box. I have never had any past problems getting my mail this way. I also go to my settings and select the email addy thay I want and tell it to go check it right then. As it only checks for mail every hour usually. I get notified if there is a problem like my password or the access is not available.  But this is really strange. I never have a problem with the verification on other sites.

BFN

I haven't had a problem from Alldebrid so I was only guessing about a possible route into a spam box. Were you using the original Gmail address? If not you will not get any spam from any other spam boxes from any other collected addresses so as I said you will need to go to the original site for the address you used just in case it got routed to the spam box. It does happen even for good stuff as I have found out myself and wondered where the email had gone. If I know I should have received one I go hunting in all the boxes I can find on the original site. All webmail sites have their own spam collection so unless this is turned off purposely as the default is on then that is where you need to check.

The spam box you can see is only for the Gmail account that you are using to gather the other emails and will not have any spam from any others which is why I said to go to the original site.

Hi Mr Grumpty,

Well I have at last got my fibre connection. So now I get a 20m/b speed. I did get into Alldebird. When it asks me to use unrestrained hosts Is that mean I have to have bought other downloaders like rapidgator and uploading etc

It means that you were probably trying to download from one of the restricted hosts

00000046.png

These sites are restricted to the file sizes as shown in the image above.

I was using All-Debrid but it has become almost impossible for me to make payments to them. I've been using Real-Debrid for even longer than All-debrid and they basically work the same way, but their payment system is much better.

I use Alldebrid and have NEVER had a payment problem, they are awesome at responding to whenever I had a problem and I always get extra days back whenever they go down (so far they've gone down twice in 2 years!)

• Like 1

I have at last got Alldebrid to work. I downloaded some large files from Rapidgator the other day. 1 gig files in 5 mins. very sweet.

Thanks for all the comments guys