Sign in to follow this  
Valor31904

Ps3 Games

When you download ps3 games how do you burn them to cd in order for them to run on a ps3. Also would you still be able to play online with a version downloaded online

Thats not how it works.... You Change the FW of your PS3 and when you download a backup from the net you transfer it to a external usb drive or by FTP to the PS3 HDD some people even change the internal HDD for a bigger one.

Hello Simbad3,

Can you give step-by-step instructions to Valor? I am sure he would appreciate it.

fennfam3

I don't have a PS3, but correct, if I remember correctly,you need to copy a downloaded game to a HD and run this way...I'll check the details when I get a chance

Hello Simbad3,

Can you give step-by-step instructions to Valor? I am sure he would appreciate it.

fennfam3

Firstly you have to know which firmware your PS3 ia actually running.

Depending on that , if you have 3.55 and below it can be done.

If not ( 3.56 -- 3.6.X) there is no possible way to jailbreak or downgrade or execute any sort of hack with those firmwares.

(For the moment)

If its 3.55 or below:

Download your custom firmware (CFW) , for example Kmeow

Transfer that file to a usb stick, and put it at this dir

PS3/UPDATE/

Then go to system update and update as usual with the usb. You should now be running CFW.

Then you have to install a game loader from the usb, download for example multiman + Bdemu, by going to Install package files

Also you should install LV2 patch

And that is basically it.

• Like 1

buddy there are two ways to get it working... one way is to patch the root directory as said above or else find a place where u can get a mod chip installed... but 2nd method must be done by trained professional only...

great info simbad3. If the ps3 is anything like the ps2 was (which I doubt), you would need a 3rd party mod chip installed to be able to play ANY copied games. now, with that being said, I don't have a ps3, so quite frankly I don't know if this would be the case or not. I may be talking out of my (_x_)!!!!

Side Note: I plan on getting one for my birthday though! :D

I only wish Sony still made them so they would play ps2 games too like the first ps3 consoles that came out in the beginning. :(

I have a crap load of ps2 games that I still like!! :angry: