Sign in to follow this  
Menoetius

Download sites

Not a suggestion but a question.

Has it been decided by  whomever that all files will now be stored on the rapidgator site?   I have searched for downloadable movies but all of those

I have selected plus some that I merely researched, are only available on rapidgator.  Most were available on a number of sites.

I managed to save up from my pension to purchase a premium account from one site and now find nobody is apparently using that as storage.

I simply cannot afford multiple premium accounts so am limited most often to "free"   read "extremely slow" downloads.

Not really enjoyable.

• Like 1

If you're wanting to transload the links you do find to a single account, you couldn't do better than

Rapid8/Grab8 or Real-Debrid.

When Jake at 2Leech left the business to concentrate on College, he transferred my account to 

the former, and while the interface is pre-WWW crude, it is efficient and works for modest systems.

http://p3.grab8.com/2/index.php

(hope this works, can't get to the home page, as I'm permanently locked to the member's page)

If you're on a tight-ass budget, I recommend ;

https://real-debrid.com/

They only cost me [currently] 23 dollars CDN {16euro} for six months and have an easy to use torrent tool that is dummy-proof.

Plus renewals get you bonus points that extend your expiry dates.

Once a member of either, just take the link you find, c & p it into the appropriate box, then download from their server.

So it hides your I.P. like a VPN does.

I use both, the former as my main, the latter as a backup, though as I grab more torrents now than ever, I'm giving R-D more of

a daily workout.

Then there's still ;

http://www.icefilms.info/

Though ONLY as a library of links, don't give them grief if the files go missing from the original servers, they're not responsible for that, they only provide the easiest links from

selected file hosters for those that can only afford free downloads, join them {I can be found in their forums under this name}, donate and you get a cool colour change on your

screen name and can enter members-only areas.

In fact, if the owner of this board finds it difficult to maintain, I suggest we all migrate to icefilms forum, or at least meet there if this goes the way of the previous board, it doesn't cost anything to join icefilms forums, then read up why we're boycotting go-daddy.

• Like 1

Alldebrid is my choice and there is no decision about what must be stored where. It is purely up to the uploaders where they store the stuff. We do have banned filehosts but there is nothing to stop them using any of the others providing there is always a free to download option.

I believe we have been down this road before with you and suggested the same thing of getting Alldebrid or similar instead of Uploaded. Alldebrid is €9 for 90 days. We cannot and will not tell anyone exactly what host to use except as I said we do have some banned ones and those are not allowed.

Please remember what we have said as this is really just a repeat of old posts.

• Like 2

Yep, AllDebrid has a similar price structure but I had technical problems with them, so I let the one account I had with them just die.

Sorry, Grumpy...didn't realise this thread was a re-hash of an earlier one.

Another old thread I saw here has an O.P. that stated their problems with with having only a 2Mb/s download speed.

Which is the only reason I was boosting for icefilms. They'd have to settle for .avi and .mp4 files that are under 200MB,

but at least they wouldn't have to worry about missing any programme material.

Myself, I love my .mkv files, ever since changing ISPs, just like watching 'live' TV but without the commercials!

Also, I'm ashamed to say, still don't have the hang of "VideoReDo" just yet and my DVR is limited to one show

at a time as I'm using a legacy capture card, rather than some thing modern like HDHomerun.

• Like 1

I have been using alldebrid for three years now and have downloaded over 40TB in that span with no trouble at all. It is an excellent and easy to use site.

• Like 3

Thanks to all for this info and yes it is two years since I posted the original but having been hospitalised twice, one time a close call and another for mangled fingers :o   in that time, plus the loss of my wife of 63 years, I have not been very active on that front.

Indeed I may say that I had forgotten my original question.  No not Alzheimers :D

I did try Aldebrid but found that most of the time it was either too complicated or the damned thing just would not work so I gave it away.

Maybe it is time to try something else.

• Like 2

I have found a site called

http://leechall.com

It has those terribly sites that require link skips but in the end, you get your file. Works well with Rapidgator and a few others. 

• Like 2

I have used AllDebrid in the past but personally prefer Zevera and they work with Jdownloader2 and the staff are impeccable...

http://www.zevera.com
  • Like 1

You can also try - real-debrid:

https://real-debrid.com/
  • Like 1

That's the one I use mostly now, as my fixed income has been halved, as I said previously, they're easier to use and have a neat torrent tool.

Service is faster now and still under 24 bucks CDN for six months, so I renew in one year chunks.

• Like 1

If you upgraded Real DeBird before your account is over it doesn't cost that much - I renewed my 180 day account when I was about half was though and I got it extended 180 more days for $12 :) 

• Like 2

If you upgraded Real DeBird before your account is over it doesn't cost that much - I renewed my 180 day account when I was about half was though and I got it extended 180 more days for $12 :)

I didn't see that, but still happy with R-D.

• Like 1