Sign in to follow this  
sunday53

EVGA nvidia 680i SLI mb issue

hello.

i just bought a second hand evga mb [as above].

built up the system as such. i didn't put any devices attached to mb, only the grafix card[test purposes].

this system uses a passive heatsink, no fan on the cpu cooler.

the build went reaonably well. however, when attempts are made to boot[many of these-loop, loop :(  ], nada.

the fan on grafix card[a single] does a song 'n dance but, can't even get to post. after about a sec, the sys shuts down.

I have tried alot of things to sort this with no joy, not close even---CLR CMOS, changed polarity of fr. panel[case] cable/wire interface connectors, changed out memory, the psu is sufficiently powered to manage the board. the cables are all seated and connected correctly[24 pin, 8 pin and additional molex[4 pin for more grafix power].

the fact that the board starts up as such is keeping me interested but, not much else is in this case :( . am getting to the place where i want to get rid of it now...nearly have enuff. :(

...it keeps doing same thing, jumps into it's boot but, fails to take off.

ideas, please :( :( (

argh...no worries bart. am sitting this one out onto and into the bin. that's best place for it.

i have tried me damndest/harfest/most awkwardest but the thing just wouldn't get passed go...and I shall do no more.

to 'bart' thanks.

the thing got to me.