• .avi
    • .mkv
    • .mov
    • .wmv
    • .m4v
    • .asf

NEW January 2015 poll!

(I will try to do one every month!)

Please choose which video format you think is the best!

The winner will be chosen on the 9th of February!

• Like 2

I voted .mkv, but I also like .avi, because I can stream them to my Xbox One - .mp4 I have to convert to make it play or go back to burning DvDs

• Like 1

I just hope when MS updates Xbox One to Windows 10 it will support mp4 - Alot of folks are compaining to MS about how they said Xbox One would be the all in one media center

• Like 1

Mp4 container is far better than any of the others. Films tend to be smaller in size than the pants AVI and better quality. I've found it to be better to convert to dvd and no one that I've ever burnt a disc for has complained about the quality of the film or my recodes ;)

• Like 1

MKV is alright but trying to convert it to a DVD format [or any other for that  matter] is a nightmare of the worst order.   The sync of audio and video is never possible no matter what converter is used.

MKV Quality seems better and converts to DVD easier !

What are you smoking?   If you have any to spare I will buy it.  Maybe THEN I will think the audio and video are synced.

I mostly stream movies and music nowdays, But when I do have to Burn I use ConvertXDvD and I haven't had a sync problem as long the source file is right (No matter which format it is)

I did not see super 8 in the list why??? lol

• Like 2

While I think .mkv might be the best, with .mp4 a very close second, I found if I copied .mp4s directly to a USB stick, I can plug it into my Blu-Ray player and watch right away...no need to downconvert and burn DVDs (of course that conversion to .mp4 takes a bit of time, and I haven't decided on a program that accurately and efficiently adds subtitles yet), but at least I can watch in full HD (assuming that's the quality of the original file)

• Like 1

I'm not sure why peeps are saying its difficult to convert Mp4 to dvd, if you use convertxtodvd it makes relatively no difference whatsoever.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why peeps are saying its difficult to convert Mp4 to dvd, if you use convertxtodvd it makes relatively no difference whatsoever.

I agree with that. Most DVD writers don't have a problem with most formats. Luckily my Bluray player will play mkv files from USB so I don't have to convert anything there. Only for use on my Ipad.

• Like 1

Putting movies on disc is old fashioned. Go out and buy a cheap dvd player with the usb port and easily watch a movie straight from the flash drive. no more buying discs. When you are done watching the movie, just simply delete it and drag the next movie over to the flash drive to watch it. DVD player = $28, flash drive 4 gb = $6.