Sign in to follow this  
Mark Phelps

Chromium doesn't support Flash anymore!

I regularly use Chromium to access CP. And, since it updates on a frequent basis, apply the nearly-daily updates.

Then, starting with Build v42.0.2286.0, when I opened the browser to CP, I got a notice line at the top that Flash wasn't working and that I needed to install it.  When I went through the install procedure, it appeard to work, but when I restarted the browser, the notification came back on, again.

I reinstalled build v42.0.2283.0, and the notification went away, and Flash was working again.

I Googled this and read about how Chromium had changed their handling of Flash -- but this was Months ago, not in the last few days.

So, does anyone know why, suddenly, Chromium (or maybe, Google) doesn't handle Flash anymore?

i have been having the same problem. i have installed flash 3 times and it still doesnt work. i too use chromium.

The way I "installed" Chromium was to unpack the .zip file to its own directory (on a data partition) and then copy that entire directory to Windows\Program Files.  That way, when a new version comes out, I unpack it in a separate directory and copy the new chrome-win32 directory over the old one in Program Files.  That makes it easy to change versions while keeping settings intact.

You might try using build v42.0.2283.0 or older -- those worked using Flash and only the newer builds are failing.

BTW, I get my builds from the MajorGeeks website.

• Like 1

thanks for the advice mark i'll give that a try

I tried following the steps in the link to install pepper flash -- and while that appeared to work, after I restarted Chromium, the same old "needs flash" error message popped up: http://chromium.woolyss.com/#flash

BTW, I checked the earlier builds that work, and Flash is already installed in those builds. So, Google has specifically removed Flash from the newer builds.