Sign in to follow this  
Blackrome03

How To Run Any GIF Image As Desktop Background For Windows 8.1

Hello Cyber Community

First of all I have searched the internet sites, forums, blogs and viewed many youtube clips. Yet nothing has catered to my specific need to run any GIF images as desktop background on my laptop. 

What I have used thus far and the results:

Windows 8.1 Start Screen Customizer

which worked well but ONLY for the actual start screen in windows 8.1(hence the name) not the desktop background AT ALL.

DeskScapes 8

which ONLY runs actual video files, but following instructions I couldn't play the default video files on my computer. It wouldn't recognize anything else only its preloaded video files.

DreamScence

This is the only one that kinda works, but it has a time limit on how long the GIF image stays in motion. A time limit I cannot adjust to make it constantly run for as long as I'm using the laptop. Currently the one I'm using at this point in time.

Bionixwallpaper

This would seem to be the most ideal program I would like to use. However, the program I see on the site is COMPLETELY different from what I download and ran.

WallpaperAnimator-screenshot.png

what Is listed on the site. I can't seem to get to this part of the program; I found no forums or video tutorials on this specifically. 

Download Link http://www.bionixwallpaper.com/downloads/Animated%20Desktop%20Wallpaper/index.html

So if anyone knows a simple way I can run any and all GIF images for as long as I want on my desktop background it would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Thanks