ZRnT0Sa.jpg

REfBHlg.jpg

K1rvle1.jpg

oi5GUbK.jpg

fIscU9E.jpg

• Like 2

41258o_R.png

Windows 10 means no more Media Center, even if you paid for it

When users upgrade to Windows 10 they’ll be adding plenty of new features but there is a list of features they will lose in the upgrade. One of them is the removal of Windows Media Center. Even if users paid for WMC, for example with Windows 8 or 8.1 Pro, it will be removed from their device when they upgrade to Windows 10. For a full list of features that will be removed you can go to Microsoft's page on the subject.

We already knew that WMC was going away with Windows 10 due to reports of a private meeting in San Francisco during Build Conference but it was brought up again in the news by a tweet from Gabe Aul who stated that “WMC will not be preserved.”

While WMC never had a large usage rate, those that did use it have voiced negativity about its departure at least partly because WMC has the ability to record live television. As of now the Xbox One, which many have pointed towards as an alternative though it does require owning the console, does not work as a DVR but there have been rumors that such a feature could be coming soon. That would be a bit of this whole story coming full circle because back in 2013 we speculated that the downfall of WMC may be the success of the Xbox line of consoles.
  • Like 1

Yeah that's My thing, not worried about My windows being legit, it's the changes in Win10 that makes Me hesitant. What I am curious about is the speed of installation and all that...

• Like 1

microsoft windows 10 will be able in 29 july 2015 

final Version

• Like 1

Microsoft has revealed the release date for its latest Operating System, Windows 10. According to Microsoft,Windows 10 will be available beginning 29 July 2015 in 190 markets globally as a free upgrade to individuals running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Microsoft revealed that Windows 10 has been built with the help of more than four million people around the world.

The reveal came in the form of a news post by Terry Myerson, Microsoft’s Executive Vice President of Operating Systems.

In the article Myerson states that: “We designed Windows 10 to create a new generation of Windows for the 1.5 billion people using Windows today in 190 countries around the world. With Windows 10, we start delivering on our vision of more personal computing, defined by trust in how we protect and respect your personal information, mobility of the experience across your devices, and natural interactions with your Windows devices, including speech, touch, ink, and holograms. We designed Windows 10 to run our broadest device family ever, including Windows PCs, Windows tablets, Windows phones, Windows for the Internet of Things, Microsoft Surface Hub, Xbox One and Microsoft HoloLens—all working together to empower you to do great things.”

Myerson added that: “Windows 10 brings back the Start menu you know and love. Windows 10 is faster than ever before, with quick startup and resume. And Windows 10 provides the most secure platform ever, including Windows Defender for free anti-malware protection, and being the only platform with a commitment to deliver free ongoing security updates for the supported lifetime of the device.”

According to Myerson, the following features will be available on Windows 10:

Cortana: The world’s first truly personal digital assistant helps you get things done. Cortana learns your preferences to provide relevant recommendations, fast access to information, and important reminders. Interaction is natural and easy via talking or typing. And the Cortana experience works not just on your PC, but can notify and help you on your smartphone too.

Microsoft Edge: An all-new browser designed to get things done online in new ways, with built-in commenting on the web – via typing or inking — sharing comments, and a reading view that makes reading web sites much faster and easier. With Cortana integrated, Microsoft Edge offers quick results and content based on your interests and preferences. Fast, streamlined and personal, you can focus on just the content that matters to you and actively engage with the web.

Office on Windows: In addition to the Office 2016 full featured desktop suite, Windows 10 users will be able to experience new universal Windows applications for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, all available separately. These offer a consistent, touch-first experience across a range of devices to increase you productivity. Designed from the ground up to run on Windows 10, you can easily create and edit Word documents, and deliver PowerPoint presentations while annotating on the fly. With new touch-first controls in Excel you can create or update spreadsheets without a keyboard or mouse. You will also be able to enjoy new versions of OneNote and Outlook, which are included with Windows 10 at no additional cost.

Xbox Live and the integrated Xbox App bring new game experiences to Windows 10. Xbox on Windows 10 brings the expansive Xbox Live gaming network to both Windows 10 PCs and tablets. Communicate with your friends on Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One – while playing any PC game. You can capture, edit and share your greatest gaming moments with Game DVR, and play new games with friends across devices. You can play games on your PC, streamed directly from your Xbox One console to your Windows 10 tablets or PCs, within your home. Games developed for DirectX 12 in Windows 10 will see improvements in speed, efficiency and graphics capability.

New Photos, Videos, Music, Maps, People, Mail & Calendar apps have updated designs that look and feel familiar from app to app and device to device.  You can start something on one device and continue it on another since your content is stored on and synched through OneDrive.

Windows Continuum enables today’s best laptops and 2-in-1 devices to elegantly transform from one form factor to the other, enabling smooth transitions of your tablet into a PC, and back. And new Windows phones with Continuum can be connected to a monitor, mouse and physical keyboard to make your phone work like a PC.

Windows Hello, greets you by name and with a smile, letting you log in without a password and providing instant, more secure access to your Windows 10 devices. With Windows Hello, biometric authentication is easy with your face, iris, or finger, providing instant recognition.

Windows Store, with easy install and uninstall of trusted applications, supported by the broadest range of global payment methods.
  • Like 1

Too many back doors i fear as well might be part of the package. I will stick with my vintage windows

• Like 2

Darko is right.Although the Pro and Enterprise editions will both be able to defer updates, Windows 10 Home users will not have the option. Updates will instead be downloaded and installed automatically as soon as they're available.

(source)  http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/1/8696949/windows-10-feature-loss

That doesn't pass the smell test to me.You'll have no control on what they install on your computer.

• Like 4

That doesn't pass the smell test to me.You'll have no control on what they install on your computer.

Two comments ....

First, when you read the vague descriptions provided with the individual Windows Updates today, you really have no idea what the update is actually going to do.  So even now, unless you prevent ALL updates, you really have no control over what MS installs as a byproduct of Windows Updates.

Second, during the Windows Insider program, one of the Win10 forums posted a hack that you could run that would prevent all future Windows Updates from being applied.  Folks on that forum requested this because there were instances where installation of faulty driver updates trashed their machines, and during the Insider program, NO updates could be avoided.  The problem with using that patch is that it prevented the upgrades to the new builds -- but since there won't be any new builds after Win10 is released, that's not really going to be a problem.

• Like 2

So it's an NSA edition...? ;)

Basically, if you're asking does MS intend to provide a secret "back door" into Win10 for certain agencies, nothing they have said indicates their plans to do this; but then, if they did intend to do it, they're unlikely to admit it.

Without access to source code, none of us can know what "hidden features" come with anything we install.  And, if you want to carry to conspiracy theory to its logical end, even if we did have the source code, how could we be guaranteed that the code we have actually has anything to do with the code that was actually used to make the executables we are running?

If you're really worried about "back doors", the only workable solution is to (1) keep your PC entirely disconnected from any network (including home networks -- since someone could be listening in to your wireless traffic(!)), and (2) never install or run anything on your PC that you did not code yourself -- including the incorporation of any runtime libraries (which, in the case of Windows, you could not have coded yourself).

• Like 2

Yeah. As a matter of fact they could write it in the User Agreement that they would record everything I do. I never read those anyway ;)

• Like 3

Yeah. As a matter of fact they could write it in the User Agreement that they would record everything I do. I never read those anyway ;)

Actually, in the Win10 Insiders Program, they do have a clause in the agreement that allowed them to record everything you do .. and I got into online arguments with MS fanbois about whether or not this was "keylogging".  My position was, that since MS got permission to record any and all keystrokes, then "by definition", it was "keylogging". The counter argument was that since no one could PROVE that MS was collecting everything, that it was not. I think my position was the correct one.

• Like 3

Yeah, and I'll still wait my usual 2-4 years for it to mature before I put it on any new machine builds.

Until then, I'll stick with 7 32-bit for my legacy hardware, 64-bit for 'all fresh'.

• Like 2

M$ has always sold their "spyware" junk at high prices.   I remember when Word documents had personal info embedded in them and it took a while for M$ to remove that - if they ever did?  

They are now "giving away FREE" their latest offering???

Why, I wonder, am I so suspicious?

I offer NO BID or PASS on this one thanks.