MrUnderhill

Conas ta tu? I'm Mr. Underhill, and I'm a Newbie

Hi, I'm Mr. Underhill, and I live in SW Ireland, although I am a U.S. ex-pat (I married Irish).  I love reading, flim, ballet, classical music, ballet, and the Arts in general.  Normally, I wouldn't reveal myself such a nerd immediately, but I'm also terminally ill, so I might not get another chance---yes, it's that bad; I lost 93% of my lung tissue in a house fire that was due to faulty wiring.  But I've made it to 58 so far, and I really never though I would since it changes your perceptions when your totally adored father drops dead at your 5-year-old feet.  So 58 IS a huge improvement.

I hope y'all don't read the above as a downer--it just IS, and I am okay with it.  I guess it must be honesty day or something.  I just don't have time to waste on a lot of BS that's normally expected & polite.  In fact I have no time to waste.  I just want to see my one and only grandchild, hold him, and tell him I love him before I go into the great unknown.  I hope that's going to happen ASAP.

I have lots of books, but not romances, serial killer, and books from those 4GB downloads.  I love anything that's WELL WRITTEN (note the caps).  I did have a ton of film, but the housefire took care of that; however, I'm a Ring Junkie and GOT devotee.  But I love anything about ancient cultures, included invented ones.

I'm a vegan of 20 years, a vegetarian before that, a recycler, composter, and a tree hugger.  Feel free to draw your own conclusions, but I will be money they are wrong--I'm not easy to define.  But I am friendly, and I do have all my shots.

I hope we like each other!  You can tell me what I ought to do, but please don't expect me do do it and get alll bent out of shape when I don't.  I am my own woman.  Oh, that reminds me, "Mr. Underhill" is my Yorkie's alias, but since he's too young to register, I borrow his moniker.

Thank for your time!  I hope I haven't stepped on too many toes, but I have that talent.  Just remember, you will be getting rid of me soon!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi Cate and welcome to Cyberphoenix. I hope that we can be of use and maybe the odd source of amusement. I hope you can stick around long enough to get used to our ways and if you need anything or any help please don't be afraid to ask. Most of the staff are around most days and I'm not too far away at any time.

Please enjoy.

Hello MrUnderhill ,

Welcome to CYberPHoenix ..

Thank you for the brief info ...

yep , We are all good ... Fáilte .

Enjoy your Stay ....

welcome to our very friendly family. our goal is to make your stay here as pleasurable 

as possible and help in any way we can. 

thank you for joining our forum. invite your friends there's room for everyone here.