bud74

FIX For Win7 Reboot Loop

I had privacy protection virus thing on a laptop. I found out how to remove the actual privacy protection but it left remains of bad malware/virus whatever. I got the google redirect thing that every time i google search something it takes me to a 95p.com website search thing and I can not start windows firewall. error 1068 .... Probably some more stuff left behind but this is what I see so far. I tried that kasperary rootkiller and it doesn't see nothing. Ran malwarebytes and it finds stuff delete it and after a restart the same is back and I can rerun it and it will do it all over again. I have microsoft security essesitals 64bt as the security on here. Ran MRT. Nothing. I was hoping I can fix this problem without doing a clean install of windows 7 as I don't have the disc and can't find my usb stick with win 7 enterprise on it. Help please.... If you can. I think this one is tricky without doing a clean install....?????????????

• Like 1

restart in safe mode

run your a virus programs from there

then reboot to normal mode and you should be good to go

the programs you have are good

ccleaner is a good one also

let us know

Linux

• Like 1

Wow. Ok so I downloaded ccleaner I had ccleaner on my usb stick but can't find it. But now I restarted went to safe mode and now the computer loops. say it needs start up repair. I start windows normaly and it loops back to the same thing. Crazy. I'm probably gonna have to system restore to fix the problem right now I'm letting the startup repair see if it can fix it first. Last time it didn't fix the problem I had to system restore. After I ran some security scans and deleted what they said I could I made a restore point for this. But when I restarted just a hour ago no start up problem. This privacy protection is some tricky stuff. But after I get the start up problem fixed Im going to start up in safe mode and do it all again. Thanks for responding so fast. CW is the best

• Like 1

Ok. I guess I found out the reason why when I restart the laptop it loops back and say the start up repair needs to be ran and the only way to fix the start up problem is to restore the laptop to an earlier time. So when I finially did all that I started in safe mode and deleted what the programs said was a virus. And when I restarted it looped back to the starting windows again and said it needed start up repair so I went through the process again and got it back but didn't start in safe mode. Soon as I started the laptop micorsoft security essisatals said 4 viruses was detected and needed to be cleaned so I did and it said the computer needs to be restarted to finish the process so I did. When I restarted it looped back to starting windows again. So I say if I delete the virus I can not start the computer up without the viruses present... Any help... Ideas?????????? Please I don't want to clean install. I can't find my copy of windows. I guess if that's the only way anybody can see could they atleast point me in the direction of a good copy of windows 7 on here and be validated geniune?? anything.. I'm looking for my usb stick now

• Like 1

I'm not aware of any "validated genuine" versions of Win7 here or anywhere else.

However, if you have a valid product key, then you should be able to activate the same Win7 version without problems -- but, if you download a version with SP1 included, and your key is for the original version, it's very likely your key will NOT work. In that case, you will need to hunt for a version WITHOUT SP1 -- which can be difficult to find these days.

Also, there used to be links for the genuine ISO files from MS's image provider, but those links all now point to SP1 versions -- which won't do you any good unless you have an SP1 compatible key.

If your laptop came with Win7 preinstalled, you should contact the laptop seller. In many cases, they will provide you full restore media for a very low price.

• Like 1

Ok so i guess you are agreeing to that I have to do a clean install of windows. I was really hoping that someone might know a way around without doing the clean install. Or maybe someone has ran across this virus and found a way to get rid of it. Anyway thanks for responding and letting me know. Appreciate it. I guess Iwill start looking for a copy of windows now

• Like 1

bud74,

Go to this site http://www.myantispyware.com/2011/11/06/how-to-remove-privacy-protection-virus/ and follow the instructions to remove this malware. Follow the instructions to the exact letter. Do not skip any of the steps. I realize you have done some of these steps already, but you will have to do them again in the exact order as described in the above link. Once you have cleared out this malware, reboot a few times to verify that it is gone.

fennfam3

• Like 2

Ok. After all this work. I finally solved this one. Now all that stuff ya'll told me works but to a certain extenct. This one is really a tricky one. OK. Now like the person said above me do it but like they said I already did them and it didn't matter or not if you repeated the steps from the beginging or not. All it does it remove the actual privacy protection. Well that privacy protection left bad remains on the computer. Like the google,yahoo redirect and like the firewall could not turn on and more. Now I have been searching all over the internet and nobody really has solved this yet. Maybe close to it or similar viruses but after you delete privacy protection your security will always pick up on some trojan virus and ask you to remove it. Once you remove it the program might ask you to restart after you restart your computer will loop back to the welcome screen and again. Until you system restore cause start up repair will not work. So the trojan virus will always be there it's like 4 of them. And if you remove them you'll go through the loop if you don't you still have the remains of the privacy protection. Well the fix is after all that you go to another computer no matter 32 bit or 64 bit computer with windows 7 on it. Copy the assembly folder under C:\windows copy that assembly folder and replace it with the assembly folder in the damaged computer. Repelace everything. After you replace everything. Restart. No looping but you having deleted the virus anyway but it feels good... Now your security will probably pick up on the 4 viruses at start up. Remove them and restart. No loop everything works. Your security might pick up on one more virus. Delete that one and everything thing works now. Complete fix. Privacy protection virus Solved. This might be the first site with the fix. without reinstalling windows... Feels like the MAN

• Like 1

Glad you solved it and we are glad you responded back with the fix. Good work bud.

Maybe we should make this a sticky.....what do you think techs?

fennfam3

• Like 1

By far, safe mode is the most effective place to do any malware or virus repairs. With CCleaner, Malwarebytes - Antimalware, SuperAntiSpyware, and an Antivirus program all up-to-date, should give you a fighting chance. malware likes to hang out in the Doccuments and Settings/User folders, Temporary Internet Files folder, and the Windows System folder. With Windows in "Normal Mode" the malware detects all kinds of removal software and becomes stealth. You may see it and even be able to delete it from the Task Manager, it it has not been deactivated, but it will restart itself. If your Windows file search is still working, you can search all you want and not find the file. For the most part, while in safe mode, malware is visible and inactive, and a search will find the nasty files. Your anti-malware software will then see it and get rid of it. SuperAntiSpyware always has an up-to-date portable version for free download that can be placed on a USB device.

Good luck with your next crash!

• Like 1

yeah fennfam, I think this should be a sticky. Sounds like a new type of problem that many Win7 users may face in the future.

I made a sticky. If any other tech mods think it shouldnt be, feel free to unpin it.

• Like 1

have you tried Hiren's Boot CD? It has some good anti-virus tools. and instead of doing a clean install, use your lappy's recovery partition,

• Like 1

When i got in a jam I ran Malwarebytes then PRINTED the logs. Booted into safe mode then manually removed all reference from registry. rebooted into safe mode ran antivirus software to find whats left if any...........

You have not deleted a virus by replacing the assembly folder all you have done is repair the folder allowing the laptop to boot. any remnants of a virus will now need to be removed.

It worked for you but it's like putting a band aid on a cut artery.............

• Like 3

I removed the virus the assembly folder was just to get the normal activites of the computer like firewall and the things that go in the assembly folder to start back working correctly I got rid of the viruses just the virus corrupted the files that you would have to replace some files to get everything working correctly I mean after I deleted the viruses if you paid attention to what I was saying the computer was acting ok just firewall and stuff like that did not respond right. Assembly folder had nothing to do with actual virus cause that was gone just fixing the remains of it. Probably thats the reason why nobody fixed it cause they probably only could delete the virus if that. All I'm saying is why be a hater if you knew what I was talking about or not what you said has nothing to do with nothing. Maybe you had to be actally fixing/repairing the computer to actually know what's I'm talking about

• Like 1

Another option is "Geek Squads MRI 5.8.2" or "SARDU 2.0.6.5"...both have great tools very much like like "Hiren's 15.2 Boot CD" does. Also "DataRecoveryWinPE 4.0.Build.1887" is a sweet tool too for recovery. In fact Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE  can create an emergency boot disk and recover your lost files when your Windows is have any booting issues like crashes, keeping rebooting, freezes, even if it won't start up at all. Another tool besides "Easy Recovery Essentials Pro for Win7" is trying "DLC Boot 2013".  Yes there are many great tools for repairing PC's but IMO the all above Utility tools are a must have for Tech's. and layman's alike.

• Like 1

Don't forget to clean your system temporary folder, if you get a virus it may sit itself in the temp folder for the sole reason of reinfecting your computer.

When you start your computer it always checks the temp folder to see if you have installed programs or updates that need to be finished up by installing parts it was unable to install with the full of windows running. That is why a lot of viruses are set to install into the temp folder.

You can get rid of it on the computer and when you restart the computer, It loads itself back onto the computer.

• Like 1