Sign in to follow this  
antoniog

Help uploading with a MAC

Hello,

I'm a mac user and would like to share with you all my media collection but can anyone  help me through the process using a Mac. 

I do want to get this right as I respect and would like to suport the site the best I can, so can you please give instuctions for mac users. 

Thanks to all for your great work. 

Antoniog

• Like 1

Creating uploads is no harder on a Mac than on a PC, it’s just how you archive the files to upload to a file host. You cannot easily create rar files on a Mac as there are no easy to use options unless you have an app called Crossover which will allow you to install Winrar. Without this there are several apps that will convert to a zip file. It may sound strange converting stuff to archive files but people are very wary of downloading files directly especially exe files. It also protects them slightly. You can choose to use a password on this action but you must include it within the post you make for that topic.

The next thing is to find a file host you want to use and to what level. I suggest you browse through some posts and see what others are using particularly the more prolific posters. Be also aware we have a banned file host list so do not use any of those. We also do not allow any link protection service or redirection sites. For example if you use uploaded.net we must see the original uploaded.net link. There are many reasons to this ruling but too complicated to go into here.

Once your files are uploaded and please bear in mind we MUST have at least 1 way of downloading for free so anything larger than the size that means downloading with a premium account must have been split in the archive process. It does ask if you want to split and the maximum size of each part.

The post itself you can see from others what we need and we also have rules on what to include. If you are uploading movies we will need the IMDB link, a brief outline of the plot, screenshots of the version of the movie you are posting if available. The cover image will need to be of that movie and with the same exact title and not of another name for the same movie. If that image has text it must be in English. The movie must have English as the main audio language. If the post is not a movie then the post itself MUST be in English only and the subject of that post be it a game, app or book must also be in English.

The CyberPhoenix rules can be found here

Please refer to them before posting. 

I hope this helps but if you need any more assistance please ask.

• Like 1

CrossOver 16.0.0 Mac OS X

http://www.cyberphoenix.org/forum/topic/504481-crossover-1600-mac-os-x/?hl=crossover