Sign in to follow this  
Renster

Would you give up your reputation amongst your peers to do what you know is right?

Discuss. :]

I personally would just because, regardless of my peers, I stand up for what I believe is right. Caring about what people think of me is the one of the last things on my list, and it's typically because I'd rather do something I know is right, rather than have my peers' respect and good reputation with them.

I don't care about peers...I have my own moral code and do what I would expect others to do to me...and I would treat them the same. Everybody knows who does not like them.

• Like 1

I don't care about peers...I have my own moral code and do what I would expect others to do to me...and I would treat them the same. Everybody knows who does not like them.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated." used to have a lot of meaning to me, until I realized that if you respect someone enough, you'd be down to earth and tell them straight up, or do what you believed it right. Only because of the fact being that in the long run, I would have rather been honest, or done something right, then lie, or be deceitful. Am I right?

• Like 1

sure, I'll agree, but, most can size up people fast enough ( at least I can) and can figure them out and what they want. By this I mean, I like to be able to predict what others will do to me, so I have no trouble giving it back...than waiting for someone to dump on me... more of a proactive slant..but its how I work.

It honestly sounds like an observation method you do. Though, you always gotta keep your guard up, because it seems when you do something right, even if everyone sees it as a wrong choice, they seem to lash EVERYTHING out at you, which doesn't make sense. True friends would still accept the decision you made, *EVEN* if they didn't like it. Not lash out at you (course, sharing their point of view is nice). If a friend is willing to talk about me behind my back though about the decisions I've made, their gone. :P

Ahhh the old observation method..hmmm...perhaps quite correct, since when I was younger , I was in theater school... and spent most of my adult time watching and observing others.. that was one of the methods to lean how to be in character, how I was taught....starring at them until they became uncomfortable. Makes you a good read of people, to watch them, watch you...and don't stop watching them..

I've learned to pick my friends well just by observations. I go off vibes, and usually, it leads me in the right direction. I can't say it does 100% of the time, but during my life, problems, and tribulations, especially from making the right choices, my gut knows the correct feelings. And I'm one that believes in following the gut feelings most of the time.

Standing up for the right is something which makes you stand out :) personal satisfaction is more important than reputation.

YES Definitely, Without Any Hesitation.

Your Rep. Can Always Always Be Rebuilt, Your Character & Honesty Can't.

Standing Up For What You Believe Is Right Is Number One.