uk666

Can you solve this McDonald's maths puzzle?

Can you solve this McDonald's maths puzzle? 

Brainteaser that has left the internet baffled is harder than it looks. It involves just three favourite items from the McDonalds menu, but this maths puzzle has left people on Facebook scratching their heads.

The fiendish test asks you to solve an equation based on three sums provided.

The key to solving the puzzle lies in remembering the fundamental rules in maths about the order to do multiplication and addition in.

3C90108A00000578-0-image-a-6_14855102299

Butuan posted the tricky puzzle on Facebook, along with the caption: '98 per cent fails. Share first, only for geniuses, answer fast if you are a genius.'

So far, over 1,500 people have attempted to solve the puzzle, with varying results.

……………………………………………….
HOW TO SOLVE IT

To work out the answer, you firstly need to understand the cost of each product.

From the first line, you can tell that each drink is worth 10, while on the second line you can decipher that a burger is worth five.

On the third line – remembering that there is a total of four packet of chips – you can see that each packet of chips is worth one.

Finally, applying the rule that multiplication comes before addition, you can multiply the chips by the drink, totalling 10, before adding the burger, giving the answer 15.

10+10+10 = 30

10+5+5 = 20

5+2+2 = 9

5+1×10 = 15
……………………………………………….

• Like 1

Well as you can see in my Profile Feed "Aliens from Uranus took over my Mind" - My answer was 25 :( Dang Aliens

Then I called my Daughter down and she said 15 (Aleast I didn't let the Aliens get her mind)  She gets A's in High School :)
  • Like 1

i was right i got it wrong i missed that there were 2 fries per section so each was 1 not 2

oh well cant win em all

no genius here lol

• Like 1

still dont get it.. i come up with 25 every time.. oh well..

nvm.. miss counted fry containers.. -_-

Edited by Rædwulf
  • Like 1