Sign in to follow this  
Mark Phelps

Rapidgator becoming useless for downloads!

Even though I've had a premium RG account for years, recently, I've noticed that it has become all but impossible to download anything.

The download starts, runs for 5 secs or so, slows to 14.7KB -- and sits there not downloading for another 5 minutes until it fails with a "network error".

The other situation is that the download picks up speeds, gets up to 15+ MB/sec and then suddenly drops to zero, at which it does the same as above.

This means that a download that is supposed to take 30 seconds ends up taking an hour or more, as I restart it 40-50 times!

Anyone else run into this and have a workaround?

Asking because, in many cases, the only DL links that work are RG and I don't have an option  to use a different filesharing service.

• Like 1

I have also noticed this problem. especially with Firefox.  I do notice that windows 10 Edge will d/l most Rapidgator files.

I use Real-Debird with JDownloader 2

As far as File Host I like 1fichier

I thought it was only me- I don't have an account so I have to use the slow way around but as far as downloading anything if its more that a few megs I always get booted. I have no problem at all with other such sites.

I have also noticed this problem. especially with Firefox.  I do notice that windows 10 Edge will d/l most Rapidgator files.

I've tried both Firefox and Chromium, and there is no difference in the dismal performance of RG in either.

I use Real-Debird with JDownloader 2

As far as File Host I like 1fichier

But isn't Jdownloader just a download manager, and since I can see the RG downloads stopping and then aborting in real time (less than a minute), I don't understand how that will help.

Also, how does a different File Host play into solving the RG downloading problem?

I thought it was only me- I don't have an account so I have to use the slow way around but as far as downloading anything if its more that a few megs I always get booted. I have no problem at all with other such sites.

I do have a premium account, so it's not strictly a problem with file sizes.  Any file that I attempt to download, regardless of the size, runs into this same problem.

Also, I use other filesharing services and RG is the only one with this problem -- but unfortunately, it also seems to be the only one that still has downloads available after the other sites files have been removed.

Yes Mark JDownloader 2 is a Download Manager and I download around 5 Mps from RG until Real-Debird has a problem with them (It seems Real-Debird is having problems with Rapidgator alot now days).

​I just mentioned 1fichier as they are fast and retain file for a long time also

I haven't used a Browser downloader for a long time

Mark have you tried putting your account info in JDownloader 2 and see if it's better? 

I do the same thing as Tech and have no problems. real-debird works well

• Like 1

Well I got a Temp Rapidgator Premium Account and I tried to download 26GB from them using Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers and keep getting disconnected and errors.

I then put the Rapidgator info in JDownloader 2 and downloaded the 26GB with little problems and fast also - Problem was 5 of the RaR files wanted captcha, but I just waited until all the files downloaded and then restarted the captcha files and they downloaded and didn't get any errors extracting.

I think I got the captcha as I was downloading the files very fast as my Internet speed in below  

I hope this info helps you Mark 

6102271162.png

Well I got a Temp Rapidgator Premium Account and I tried to download 26GB from them using Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers and keep getting disconnected and errors.

I then put the Rapidgator info in JDownloader 2 and downloaded the 26GB with little problems and fast also - Problem was 5 of the RaR files wanted captcha, but I just waited until all the files downloaded and then restarted the captcha files and they downloaded and didn't get any errors extracting.

I think I got the captcha as I was downloading the files very fast as my Internet speed in below  

6102271162.png

OK, I'll  have to take a look at JDownloader 2 -- as that seems to be the common way of addressing this.

• Like 1

A member at my site had the same problem and we found out that RS will put cache on some computers to slow down your DLing during peak hours

they will do it also if you download a lot of files in a so many hour time

we told that member at my site to clean all cache and all server cache and the problem went away I'm not saying this is your problem but why not give it a try and see if it help

Quad

• Like 1

A member at my site had the same problem and we found out that RS will put cache on some computers to slow down your DLing during peak hours

they will do it also if you download a lot of files in a so many hour time

we told that member at my site to clean all cache and all server cache and the problem went away I'm not saying this is your problem but why not give it a try and see if it help

Quad

Well, I DO download lots of files --because they keep failing on me, so it can take 40+ download attempts before I get a complete file.

Other than the Browser cache, where are these other cache's located?

Unfortunately, it did not help.

I installed JDownloader 2, copied the RG link into it, tried the download.  It was real slow and, after less than a minute, the connection terminated.  This is the same result of trying to download it manually.  So basically, that did not work.

• Like 1

Hmmmm Dang Mark, I guess you are right as they are going downhill (Just to say it nice)

Real-Debird is also having problems with them :(

My member said he also did this

https://customercenter.karthost.com/knowledgebase/70/Clearing-Your-IP-Cache-on-your-local-Computer.html
Edited by Tech 425
Coded Link

My member said he also did this

https://customercenter.karthost.com/knowledgebase/70/Clearing-Your-IP-Cache-on-your-local-Computer.html

Did that -- did not make any difference.

• Like 1

Real-Debird is back to having problems with them again also 

I've got a lifetime membership with Nitroflare, so I tend to rely on downloads from Nitroflare and I don't bother with other paid digital warehouses like Rapidgator - unless downloads are free - or I have to complete a quiz to prove I'm not a robot.

BigBenn