Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Winners in the Landscape Photographer of the Year awards.

Winners in the Landscape Photographer of the Year awards.

488540-henry-memmott-floating-feather-gl

Henry, an ecology student at St Andrews University ,won in both the 'Youth Your view' and the 'Youth Urban view' categories.
His beautiful floating feather image was taken at Glengavel Reservoir in Lanarkshire.

488541-henry-memmott-city-lights-glasgow

The teenager was inspired by the endless buzz of Glasgow city centre for his second victorious shot.
"It was taken on a freezing Friday night in December!
"I had found this location by looking at local maps of Glasgow, I was looking for somewhere where I could get above the traffic and see both directions. I used a longer exposure time,
which forced me to use a tripod, but allowed me to create the light trails from the cars.
"The long sweeping road coming up from the left was something I wanted to make sure I included as it really adds to the feel of movement."

488542-lesley-smith-demolition-red-road-

Lesley Smith took the 'Urban view' prize for her photograph of the moment the iconic Red Road flats came down in Glasgow.

Demolition was due to be 1pm but there was a delay and by 12 the crowd was beginning to grow .

I had taken my tripod and had quite a good spot and refused to move for the next few hours."
The 44-year-old medical secretary did not realise she had captured the moment so clearly until the dust settled.
"The ground was shaking and I think I took about 15 shots in total. As the dust was settling I had a quick peek at my camera and sighed with relief that I had them all in focus."

488543-rowan-ashworth-sunset-explorer-hu

Eight-year-old Rowan Ashworth was the youngest to take home an award for his image of a climber at remote Hushinish on the Isle of Harris.
He won first prize in the 'Youth Living the view' category.

488544-dougie-cunningham-shelter-from-th

This brooding snapshot of stormy weather in Sutherland's Loch Stack was produced by Dougie Cunningham.
He won the 'Classic View' award.

488545-hannah-faith-jackson-mirror-bar-g

Fifteen-year-old Hannah Faith Jackson, from Strathaven, won the coveted overall Young Landscape Photographer of the Year
with her picture of a street reflected in Glasgow bar's window.

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this