Sign in to follow this  
1285 Sandy Lane

Help With Windows 10

Thanks so much for Your reply Tech 25.  I would appreciate any help You can provide.

(28 May 2017 - 05:42 PM)I need to repair Windows 10. It will not allow me to download any programs like Malwarebytes etc. No matter what I try to down load it keeps saying "An administrator has blocked you from running this app". I have tried everything I know of and some suggestions from computer research and nothing works! I am so frustrated and hope someone here can help me? Please and thank You. If need be You can email me at lmarr43@gmail.com (28 May 2017 - 05:42 PM)I need to repair Windows 10. It will not allow me to download any programs like Malwarebytes etc. No matter what I try to down load it keeps saying "An administrator has blocked you from running this app". I have tried everything I know of and some suggestions from computer research and nothing works! I am so frustrated and hope someone here can help me? Please and thank You. If need be You can email me at lmarr43@gmail.com
  • Like 1

1st have you tried going into "Settings" then click "Recovery" and chose "Reset this PC"

If that doesn't work then try "More Recovery Options"

Did you also try More Recovery Options - that will put a fresh clean install of Windows 10 and it will be the updated version 

Also you might want to check "For developers" and make sure "Sideload apps" is selected

Sounds to me you might have a virus and will need to do "Recovery Options" and select fresh install of Windows 10

Am trying to do that now, but am having trouble.  Upgraded from windows 8 from Microsoft and don't have an install disk.  Can You suggest a free Windows 10 that I can download to a USB drive?

• Like 1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click "Download Tool Now" after you get it click it and chose full install and there is an option for USB

Windows 8 is most likely the problem - I hope this helps

I will check back here in the morning and see if you need more help

Good Night and I will Pray this works for you :)

I sure hope it's working this morning, Please let me know if more help is needed

Hi,

Download DWS.exe (find it in Google) it is a free download and run it. It removes all of the software that Microsoft uses to see what you are doing on your computer (just select your OS) and in fact it removes the protection from the Windows 10, 8.1, or 7 Operating System, so you can use any black listed key to unlock and use the OS - which is very helpful with Windows 7 - especially after Microsoft blacklsted all of their keys to force customers to Windows 10 and the joys of that.

Once you have access to your PC again, don't update the Windows 10 OS ever again.

Partition your hard drive to "C", "D" and any other patitions you might want and use Deep Freeze to lock "C" and only unlock "C" to install or remove programs.

Run an antivirus like Spy Emergency or Emergency Kit Scanner (which is free) to remove backdoors, viruses and malware you have probably installed, especially after installing any software, before locking down your "C" drive with Deep Freeze.

If you get a nasty, just reboot your computer and Deep Freeze resets it back to your prior to Deep Freeze lockup.

Download to "D" and if you use a downloader program like JDownloader, which is also free, make sure that you set it up to download to a yellow folder in "D" marked as Downloads, so you know where to find everything again.

I speed up reboots, while my hard drive is Deep Freeze locked, by pulling out the power lead and pushing the start button several times to clear out anything still resident on my hard drive. The green light glows while my computer still has an electrical charge in it, once that stops, I whack the power lead back in and reboot and carry on.

Without Deep Freeze, don't ever do this, because you will probably destroy your computer and the supporting software on it (which I did once). Um!!

If your PC is a tower, (not a laptop) you can clone the SATA hard drive after you have unlocked "C" with Deep Freeze onto another, or several other hard drives, so if your main OS crashes, you have replacements, set up exactly like your original OS, with supporting programs, which you can use to replace your defunct current hard drive in about 60 seconds (2 plugs into each SATA connection), however, you must clone with Deep Freeze turned off, otherwise the OS will crash.

Reformat the buggered hard drive and clone your OS from the new OS backup onto this old drive and it becomes your backup against the next time your "new" OS crashes or you have to replace it - and you don't need an OS on a DVD or CD to restore anything then.

I love videos and you can find current clips through Google search or DuckDuckGo (which does not track you like Google does, or keep extensive records of what you do online), however go for movies or clips which have been made in 2016 or 2017 as anything before was probably made with inferior cameras and few pixels and they look and run horrid - so, for example "2017 videos" and follow the links to the downloads.

If you copy the URL from each pix which "does something for you" onto JDownloader, it will check and see if the link is active or not and just move the link to downloads and downlload as much as you like to your partition in "D" and then into your portable 2TB storage hard drives.

Some links won't download, but most do, so keep trying until you find a site or sites where you can download and then go for it.

What you want to download are the clips or moves in MB or TB. Delete the stuff in KB - you don't want any of that. Don't sign up for anything and don't pay anything, just find sites where JDownloader downloads automatically, by itself and then just leave it,

I usually setup JDownloader to run for 24 hours and it downloads heaps. I'll never get to look at most of it of course, but it makes a huge difference having it on my 2TB hard drives, on hand, here, than on a website which is here today and gone tomorrow or on cloud, where anyone else can view it and charge you for its storage and you can't get to that cloud site if the internet is down or your cloud site becomes blacklisted.

If you have an old PC, mine are over 10 years old and originally ran on 80GB hard drives, you can increase the hard drives to 600GB and the computer will run just the same, however Windows 7 has a maximum storage capability of 2TB (or at least mine does) and it simply won't see hard drives bigger than 2TB.

It can take years to fill 2TB, so you probably won't need much more than one or two 2TB drives - however, that's up to you.

What you can do downloading video clips and videos, you can do with any other digital medium, freely, where free downloads are available. Don't download a program from site to your PC, use JDownloader instead and pack up the downloads on JDownloader, so you can set and forget.

I use VLC Media player to run all of my movies and videos through - in fact I use a base laptop with a video card powerful enough to transfer to the whole screen (an i5 or i7 does it easily) and an HTML lead to run my videos from my laptop to my large screen, high def TV and a radio mouse to select and run whatever, from my 2TB hard drive from the lounge across the room - kick back and enjoy!!

The reason you might be having problems trying to install Malwarebytes is that Windows 10 is now running with a new format - I think it is called GPT and this format is completely incompatible with any software and games which you probably downloaded and purchased previously.

I purchased and i7 with Windows 8.1 already installed and I hated it, practically from the outset, so I decided to reformat my hard drive and instal Windows 7 as I had done previously (MBI format) however I was only partly successful in the reformat and afterwards neither GPT or MBI or any software OS's would run on the hard drive.

A Tech wizard, sorted out the problem and returned the format back from GPT to MBI, after which my Windows 7 OS worked fine - several partitioning programs have the ability to change the format to and from MBI or GPT.

Anyway, most software still will load and run in both MBI and GPT, but Malwarebytes might be one of those which runs on MBI and not GPT and therein is your problem.

I'm staying with MBI.

Mostly, computers run slowly because you have lots of software and stuff on them which you never move from your computer onto off computer digital storage, like 2TB hard drives. The more stuff on your hard drive the slower it goes until, with upgrades, it simply does not have the digital muscle to run, or as efficiently as it once did and then you are conned into buying a more powerful computer - which you transfer all of your downloaded stuff to, from your old PC and even before you start using your new PC, you have handicapped it.

Not to worry, with the new GPT format, your programs mostly won't run ever again and the problem will be resolved for you by Microsoft, added to which, Windows 10 won't be compatible with any of your MBT formatted software and games anyway. It is a bit like going into a new car franchise and buying a few new cars, then taking them to a garage to fill up and finding that the petrol supplied is not compatible with your cars - you have not upgraded to the car models which will take and burn the new fuel.