Sign in to follow this  
cbattalio

Windows 8.1

I downloaded Windows 8.1 and burned it to a disc but it won't run. When I press options it sends me back to the burner. Help!  How do I get this thing to run?

• Like 1

I downloaded Windows 8.1 and burned it to a disc but it won't run. When I press options it sends me back to the burner. Help!  How do I get this thing to run?

This is NOT a tech support section, but instead, is used for posting application software.

For technical help, please use the HelpDesk section.

• Like 1

Post move to HelpDesk section.

Now to help with this problem more info is needed, like what program did you use to burn the image

We're not mindreaders here!! 

If you won't provide answers to questions, we can't help you ...

I have had the same problem occasionally with non Microsoft OS's that I've downloaded and burned to DVD - sometimes they run and sometimes they don't.

I always thought Windows 8.1 was a pig and I got rid of it and went back to Windows 7 really quick, but that's just me.

Best way to get an ISO is from here: https://www.winusb.net/articles/download-windows-7-8-10-ISO.html and then use KMSpeco to make it an authentic Microsoft OS and then, use DWS to stop updates from Microsoft and all Microsoft spying on your internet PC activities - however, you will have to install dotNetFx40_Full_setup to run it, even if that means uninstalling later versions to do so.

I would say that the OS you downloaded was defective or it was a installation with a clean, new, hard drive - either way, anything below Windows 10 is no longer supported by Microsoft and Microsoft have cancelled all OS Serial numbers to force users over to Windows 10, so KMSpeco is the best solution to that.

BigBenn