Sign in to follow this  
luisam

Turbobit - troubled bit?

I'm not sure where to post this, guess this is the most appropriate section.

The idea is just to share my dislike to this "funny" host site called Turbobit. While many hosters are "tricky", hiding the proper download link or delaying times, this TURBOBIT is most annoying, at least for me.

I ALWAYS get this message when trying to download: "You've reached the limit of connections from your IP. Try to download again"... and starts a 9 minute countdown.

Obviously, I haven't downloaded anything previously from Turbobit and I really don't believe that my IP is so compromised with Turbobit as to be connected and downloading ALL the time from there.

The most annoying issue is that when I try to download after this 9 minute countdown, without giving even a second of additional delay, I get the same note and the same countdown again... and again.

I don't know if other users have the same issue but if this is a generalized practice I suggest to Forum Administration to BAN links to this hoster. I don't mind to "suffer" some waiting time; I understand that hosters’ real business is to have premium users; but they shouldn't disguise the "only for premium" option as a fake option for "free download".

As a side-note, I don't know what is current politics of the forum about posts that only have "ONLY FOR PREMIUM" links, which obviously is against the spirit of real file-sharing.

Edited by Tech 425

Are you using a VPN or Proxy?

When I put aTurbobit link into Jdownloader 2 it downloads just fine - When I put the link into Chrome it downloads fine - Now if I use my VPN or Opera browser then I get the message.

• Like 1

See turbobit works fine for me..

But rapidgator gives me that ive timed out or my ip has already downloaded.. if u want my opinion.. both r horrible and both should be banned..

• Like 1

ISPs are the ones that are causing the file host problem as when I was with Comcast they caused a problem with alot of file hosts, So this is why I went with a smaller ISP and I haven't ran into them slowing and/or banning file hosts. 

• Like 1

Sorry your stuck with hughes.net :( I was stuck with Comcast for many many years until this other ISP came to town and there speed is alot faster than Comcast.

Also the idiots at Comcast say anything over 75Mbps is a waste and they also cap your download as with the ISP I'm with I got 500Mbps and Unlimited

• Like 1

Are you using a VPN or Proxy?

I'm using mostly Firexfox directly with Windows XP, without proxy and no VPN. I don't believe my ISP is messing with hosters.   Most probably it's Turbobit "blocking" downloads from my ISP. Anyway, I'll try Google Chrome on Windows 7, to check if there is any difference.

• Like 1

See turbobit works fine for me..

But rapidgator gives me that ive timed out or my ip has already downloaded.. if u want my opinion.. both r horrible and both should be banned..

While I agree that RG is "horrible" (as I typically have to try 10 times to get even one download to complete), all too often, it is the ONLY filehost that posters use.

So, I would object to banning it -- despite its problems.

Personally, I've found Uploaded to be the best (even though it's rarely used) and FileFactory to be fairly good-- although with this, results are inconsistent.

• Like 3

I download with either Realdebrid or Alldebrid and both are OK with Turbobit. I don't seem to have any problem with direct download on either Safari or Opera with or without a VPN.

• Like 3

I'm using mostly Firexfox directly with Windows XP, without proxy and no VPN. I don't believe my ISP is messing with hosters.   Most probably it's Turbobit "blocking" downloads from my ISP. Anyway, I'll try Google Chrome on Windows 7, to check if there is any difference.

PD: I checked trying to download with Google Chrome and using Windows 7 and get the same negative result. Turbobit keeps fooling me. So most probably they are blocking my ISP with the whole range of my IP. If most users don't have any important issue with Turbobit,,no way.

As for rapidgator, my problem is that they give posters the option to restrict downloads to "only Premium" which should be a particular claim for a given case.

Lately, Filefactory had been giving me good download results. Years ago it was a fairly popular hoster but currently has a somewhat reduced number of users.

I download with either Realdebrid or Alldebrid and both are OK with Turbobit. I don't seem to have any problem with direct download on either Safari or Opera with or without a VPN.

Looks they are OK if you  PAY a premium account.

Real-Debrid looked an interesting option but I registered there and when try to use it says that as a FREE USER I only can dowload at "happy hours". So, I'm not really happy. Any idea WHEN they have a happy hour?

As for Alldebrid, they "cheated" at register indicating that I had a FREE option and also cheated me to give them a "like" on Facebook. After I validated, it returns that I can't liberate links without a premium account. So, what use can I give to my "free" account except deleting the "Iike" I gave them on Facebook?

If you want to use Real-debrid at all times you need to take out a subscription. Dead cheap for what you can download at premium speed. At least they allow free use for a certain amount of time. Alldebrid does not have that at all.