Sign in to follow this  
makongma

Windows shutting down.

The main reason I say use a bootable virus scanner is it doesn't boot your OS, Most use Linux OS with Virus scan engines  

• Like 1

Does you system as a whole run slower then it may have 6 months or 1 year ago? You should run a thorough scan of the C drive. Not the quick one. This scan could take an hour or more. open my computer, right click on C drive, reg click on properties, reg click tools, reg click error checking, put a check mark on booth options.  Or from a command prompt type    chkdsk c: /r

• Like 2

Thanks all who replied. The latest test I have done run Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ( it took me almost half a day I let it do the fix as stated in the list) and chkdsk gives a clean result although chkdsk c: \r state could not repair it give some error of something input not correct, I run chkdsk but having problem shutting down and have to use the power button to restart. So what other step to take. I am surprise  CCleaner could do the cleaning in safe mode but not in normal mode.

• Like 2

Did you run chkdsk c: /r in safe mode and as Administrator?

Also do you have your Windows 7 disk? If not then in a previous post in this thread I gave the link to my OEM ISO downloads of Window 10 and Windows 7 

• Like 1

Thanks again for the prompt reply. Tech 425 as you said regarding the OEM ISO is it that I run the ISO Windows 7 disk,plrase let me know what procedure to run it.

• Like 1

Ok to see if the ISO can save what you have on your hard drive - Boot to the OEM ISO disk and when setup starts you will see "Repair Computer" when you go into there you should see "Command Prompt" then put chkdsk c: /r and see if that can fix it.

It's getting late here on Pluto, I will be back early morning

Thanks to all. I do not able to run ' chkdsk c: \r ' in command prompt following the methods describe. It says wrong parameter.  Any help.  

its a back slash you have in the post. It should be a forward one. see example.     chkdsk c: /r ( note the space between c: and the forward  /r  )  

• Like 1

Hello again I run chkdsk c: /r in safe mode and finally it work and after the 5 stages came out ' the volume is clean ' although the shutting down problem did not solve yet. I try sfc /scannow but it say ' Windows resource protection could not start the repair service'. Any further help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Rædwulf for reply. The last resort I also think about the installing the OS. I know the problem of getting all software and windows updates and the problem of the windows updates will caused. If you can give me a guide on how to minimizes the problem will cause and the steps to be taken.  On the other hand I will wait to see any post which I could try. Once again thanks to every one who have help in a way.

• Like 1

it depends what OS u choose if the updates will be a lot.. now if u choose to upgrade to the newest version of windows 10 Fall Creator update.. there isnt really any major updates to download, mostly just drivers and windows defender updates.. if u choose to install windows 7, there will be a ton of updates.. not sure what ur asking for though.. would u like a guide to installing a new new OS on system and how to backup ur files?? let me know here is a very good version of windows 10 u can download and use when u need it..  :sun:

Windows 10 Redstone 4 [17040.1000.171110-1506] (x86x64) Aio [22in2] 

http://www.cyberphoenix.org/forum/topic/575583-windows-10-redstone-4-170401000171110-1506-x86x64-aio-22in2/

Thanks Rædwulf for the prompt reply. I am thinking of installing windows ultimate SP1, as I am used to it. I have seen in this forum there is windows 7 integrated with latest updates. Do it help to speed up the installation.

• Like 2

If you download one of the ISO from my post - They are MS images with the OEM info added as it will auto activate 

http://www.cyberphoenix.org/forum/topic/575655-cp-upload-windows-10-windows-7-oem-iso/
  • Like 1

One last thing to check. Down on the task bar near your time and maybe even hidden down there, How many icons are there? Then start right clicking on as many as you can and closing them or shutting them down. You should only need the anti virus. Every thing else should close down.

Shut down as many as possible then try to shut down again. If be chance this does make it work better, then you would start closing them one by one and shutting down to find the problem program sticking on shut down.

Most but not all shut down problems are caused by a program not shutting down in a timely manner.

• Like 2

Thanks to all, will try as mentioned. Tech 425 I could not download from the 1fichier.com link provided. Will be much appreciate if you can provide other host but not rapidgator.

• Like 2

Ok makongma - Do you want the 32bit or 64bit of Windows 7 OEM

Also why can't you download from 1fichier ?

Have you tried download it with JDownloader 2 - I use this to download myself 

http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

rsz_425.png

Administrator
  • Like 1

Thanks Tech 425 I need the 32 bit OEM Windows 7 ultimate. The host 1fichier it download and then went dead uncompleted.

• Like 2

Hmmmm sounds like your browser download problem - That's why I use Jdownloader2

Try using it and if you still can't get it then let me know and I will upload it to another file host and like you said Not RG :) 

• Like 1

Thanks Tech 425 my broadband was down for two days and could not reply. I manage to download only part 1 and the other not successful completed if you can help me with the two remaining two parts will be much appreciate. Thanks again.

• Like 1