Sign in to follow this  
Blackrome03

Access Denied - Using Google Chrome

temp.png

Hello All

I was able to access this site no problem and it seems over night I no longer can. I didn't make any changes or update that should have effected my access.

Are there any solutions out there? Again I tried Google and Youtube for soiutions but there isn't always one solution "fits" all one.

• Like 1

do u have any addons that could interfere?? silly but update chrome.. check ur proxy settings and see if its been tampered with..  :sun:

addons as in extensions ? if so I only have one (video download helper). I tried to update chrome but I get this message

"An error occurred while checking for updates: Installation failed due to unspecified error. If Google Chrome is currently running, please close it and try again. (error code 7: 0x80040902: 7 -- system level).

Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)"
  • Like 1

huh.. last advice would be to uninstall chrome, save ur sync and download the newest 64-bit version, reinstall and before u sync ur personal data after install .. try accessing the site ur trying to connect to..

Sometimes I have to right click and run as Administrator to get updates

• Like 1

I tried that it didn't work but I don't see the Update Google Chrome button so I should be up-to-date

To update Google Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More 
  3. Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
  4. Click Relaunch.
  • Like 1

Try this - Run regedit and Backup your Registry Then install IObit Uninstaller and use it to remove Chrome, Then do a shutdown and pull power (and battery if laptop) Wait about 10 minutes and boot back up and defrag your system and then install Chrome - I sure hope this fixes your problem :)

http://www.cyberphoenix.org/forum/topic/580842-iobit-uninstaller-pro-72011-multilingual/?hl=%2Biobit+%2Buninstaller

I have Chrome, But I don't use it much as Google likes to data mine 

• Like 1

Thank you so much Rædwulf for your efforts and insight it was much appreciated. Tech 425 that seems like a lot of working to fix a problem that isn't that insignificant.

I'm not technically incline like yourself and many others on this site. I fear I might mess something up trying to remove anything from my laptop (you'd be surprised at simple things I messed up)

If there is alternate solution were I can update something or download something to fix the problem I'm all ears. Until then I just have to use IE or ME to surf that website in particluar.

Thanks again for everyone's input truly valued and appreciated :)  

yeah sorry we couldn't fix the error.. but if u need anymore help, we r all always here to help..  :sun:

• Like 1

Well you could use FireFox browser (It's been updated to a very fast version now) or use Opera browser - I use both

I personally stay away from IE and Chrome 

• Like 1

you guys did MORE than enough and remove the word "sorry" from your comments. I use to use firefox as my primary internet browser but I had a lot of issues with it. Crashing and such so I was google chrome every since. 

• Like 2

Your Welcome and I hope FireFox or Opera works for you, I don't know anything else to do with Chrome  

• Like 1