ski9826

Reducing file size of Adobe Captivate videos

I am currently working with a cracked version of Adobe Captivate 5. I am making a demo of our web based software with audio, mouse clicks, and video of my screen while I navigate the web site demonstrating different things. I made a 3 minute video at 1024x768 and exported it to a .f4v video file. But the file is 17mb. I would like it to be MUCH smaller than that without making too large of a sacrifice to quality. I will need to post these videos as tutorials on our corporate web site and don't want our end users to spend all day downloading them. Any suggestions for shrinking the published project or perhaps a conversion of the .f4v file to like a .avi or something?

Thanks for reading! Please help!

Hello ski9826,

I really don't use converters that much so I can't suggest any that might work for your situation, but I did find some info from Adobe site that might help if you haven't already tried these steps.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/861/cpsid_86137.html

Let us know if these steps work or not and I am sure one of the other techs will have an answer for a converter.

Sorry that this is all I can offer at this time.

fennfam3

• Like 1

I tried some of those things, but there was not really a significant reduction to the file size :( I did try that before I posted. It just seems weird that a video file would have to be so large when it's not HD or anything...

Frame rate is I think 36. I have tried mkv and it's still big. I have a 1min 28sec video that i did as a test and it comes out to like 17megabytes. I am wanting to do some 30 minute ones and don't want them to be so big.

Is there another program out there that produces smaller videos that I can use to demo the functionality of our web site? I am not set on using Captivate.

If you have windows movie maker then it can reduce per what I read. You may have to convert your file for windows movie maker can do anything with it.

Not sure if this will help, but why not throw it in here - I have used ConvertXtoDvD to convert .mkv files to .avi as my XBox like .avi better and I've use it to covert to my Droid.

Hope it helps

• Like 2

use total video converter select avi set the same frame rate set video codec as xvid and audio as aac and resize video to custom and type 1024x768... it wil get reduced to 8mb...

So it seems that the conversion process is not the answer. I am able to reduce the file size by changing the resolution on my desktop monitor to like 1024x768, and then selecting that screen size from the options. Exporting to a .swf seems to work just fine and is fairly compatible with peoples' computers for viewing.