juvinile

how to install mac os x on a amd computer

Hi ,is there any way I could install mac os on my amd core computer,amd 1090t,8gig ram,ati radeon 4850,i have tried quite a few

of hazard instalations but after i boot the cd it just restarts, i think i've tried like 30 dvd all difrent versions,

if you have any suggestions at all i would be gratfull

thank you

juvinile,

I know there is a way that it can be done successfully. I have read many times of how it was done but sadly it wasn't something I planned on doing so it didn't really sink in. So when I get back this evening I will do some research and find it again and get back with you. In the meantime, we have a great tech team and they may also find the answer for you before I get back.

fennfam3

• Like 2

Looks like you will have to do some work. It is not going to be easy,

C/P

If you want to install OSX on your Intel or AMD computer, your computer processor needs to support at least SSE2. Most current (2011) CPUs support SSE2 and SSE2

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides

OR

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-install-mac-os-x-on-a-pc-without-using-a-mac/

Good luck and let us know if you decided to to this or not and if so how it went for you.

dude installing mac on AMD is easy and it can be done as fennfam3 has posted but rolling back to windows is literally impossible... i had installed mac once and had to do a zero level format of hard disk to fix this. (zeroth level format is the most basic level formatting and its very very risky) instead i suggest u to decide on the purpose of install...

• Like 1

I use VMWare...on a USB 1TB disk, I run all current OS this way, including mac.

VMWare does run privately , but does take a bit longer to load.

For me its for testing only, so no problem..

• Like 1