Sign in to follow this  
mohakkohli

Wanted to know best IDE for C/C++ Programming

Can any1 agree on the best of anything.

Here check out this Wiki

Yeah so it is up 2 U.

I will say that U could use Eclipse & 2 get familiar with it U could checkout this Programming Methodology. If U do the course work U will acquire about 100 hrs of programing knowledge in Eclipse but using Java. Java is in strong demand. Its not C/C++ as requested but U could fallow that course up with Programming Abstractions.

U will have 2 test 2 see what is right 4 U & what U r doing & what platform Ur doing it in.

• Like 2

yep, Im a big Visual Studio fan. if you are using an older version of C/C++, then Borland or Turbo C are good to get started with. remember, when first starting out, the less complicated you make it, the easier you will learn it. but, VS is the newest of these and is a basic standard in the industry.

• Like 1

Blocks is my personal preference for free compilers, and Visual Studio is my overall preference. Download Cygwin and make sure to install GCC, the GNU C compiler. You can write your C programs in a text editor, compile them with GCC, and then execute them.

• Like 1

I think Code Blocks to get the download link

http://www.blog.pennybackshop.com/best-editor-for-c-or-c.html
Edited by Tech 425

VisualStudio and NetBeans are great IDEs for c/c++, but devc++ is anoter good IDE.

If you are a beginner, I advise this latter. is very light for your PC and has a simple interface.

For linux you can use Clang and gcc to compile your code.